Help with small holes QTplasmaC

More
05 May 2021 10:50 #207947 by rodw

I have seen similar behaviour also. I have rules in and when selected to slow the feedrate with radius smaller than x, it doesnt do it.
I cannot get the rules to work. It is not in the gcode either so the post is not using it.

They have always worked for me. but I'm not sure if the post has any impact on the rules.
Are you building a rule set and attaching that to your operation?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2021 11:17 - 05 May 2021 11:25 #207949 by Clive S

I have seen similar behaviour also. I have rules in and when selected to slow the feedrate with radius smaller than x, it doesnt do it.
I cannot get the rules to work. It is not in the gcode either so the post is not using it.

They have always worked for me. but I'm not sure if the post has any impact on the rules.

I have been through the same op. with both posts and so far I have only had the SheetCam LinuxCNC PlasmaC show any difference in the gcode.

Just for clarity is the PlasmaC revision F post redundant as that is still in SheetCam

Now I have seen this in the SheetCam post
------ Configuration options ------

-- Set this to true if you have the multi-tool option enabled in PlasmaC.
-- If not set it to false
multiTool = false

-- Set this to true if you are using a material file.
-- See http://linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/plasmac-user-guide.html#material-file
-- Set it to false otherwise

materialFile = false

-- Set this to true if you want SheetCam to control the feed rate.
-- Set it to false otherwise
-- NOTE if you use rules to change the feed rate, these changes will affect the
-- feed rate even if useFeed is false

useFeed = true

---- End of configuration options ------

Do the above need to be set to true ?
Last edit: 05 May 2021 11:25 by Clive S.

More
05 May 2021 11:53 - 05 May 2021 11:54 #207954 by bevins

I didnt build it the ruleset. It was in sheetcam. I dont know if it got there when I installed QTplasmaC, did material convert or when I installed the post I am not sure. But it is there and it is not ending up in the gcode.

I got araound it temporarily by adding a tool for the holes and setting the feedrate there. I was a bit disappoionted when I saw the ruleset there and tried to use it and it didnt do anything. Maybe I am doing something wrong, something not set but it is what it is.
Last edit: 05 May 2021 11:54 by bevins.

More
05 May 2021 11:59 #207955 by phillc54
Neither QtPlasmaC nor the material converter add code snippets or rules, these need to be added by the user.

More
05 May 2021 11:59 #207956 by rodw
Anybody trying to do advanced stuff with Sheetcam is well advised to review this post about using Sheetcam.
forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/36568-post-pr...-and-plasmac?start=0

Some quotes from it

Guys

A suggestion here. For new users CNC plasma is a steep hill to climb especially when you combine it with using a CAM program that does not have a minimal post processor for the Plasmac branch. The PP that Rod has posted as well as the one I use are adaptations of the CommandCNC post that is "overly complex" as stated by the Sheetcam author. What is needed is a simple PP with no extra features that new users have at least some hope of using with minimal effort. Most new users just want a working plasma cutter and don't care how Linuxcnc or Sheetcam work.

I may start on a really stripped down PP if I get some time.

John

I might add that if I could also get Linuxcnc to calculate the arc radius, there would be no need to ever use sheetcam code snippets....
Now that would be cool

This post demonstrates how to use Sheetcam cutting rules
forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/36568-post-pr...smac?start=80#139099

BUt in many cases, I think there is no real need to use such rules as Plasmac is so sophisticated out of the box.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds