QTPlasmaC, first cut ever. What to do after "initial setup"?

More
24 Aug 2021 15:08 #218624 by fernandosf
Thanks Snowgoer540. I'll recheck Z axis scale. Not in front of the machine now.

As for G53/G54, I was just trying to understand the error, but it did not make any sense, cos I have tested lots of values for safe-height and probe-height and the error remains.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2021 15:11 #218625 by snowgoer540

Thanks Snowgoer540. I'll recheck Z axis scale. Not in front of the machine now.

No worries, just was a thought I had. I can't look at your config at the moment, but assuming it's otherwise correct, an incorrect scale would cause you to beat your head against the wall :)

As for G53/G54, I was just trying to understand the error, but it did not make any sense, cos I have tested lots of values for safe-height and probe-height and the error remains.

No worries, just didn't want you to get too hung up on it for Z axis. I will probably add a line or two to the user guide to explain why that is suggested.

More
24 Aug 2021 20:55 #218642 by snowgoer540
I see in your config log files that you have a few Joint_3 following errors. This could be caused by an incorrect scale as well.

Finally, I am pretty sure that if you set the safe height to 0, it will default to the Z Axis Maximum height, which would help during your debugging.

More
25 Aug 2021 00:55 - 25 Aug 2021 00:57 #218661 by fernandosf
I had Following errors when I was trying max_vel and max_accel, but I got over it.

You cannot miss A following error, cos everything freezes. They are not happening now.

I have tested Z scale and it is ok. Commanded to move 30mm and it really moved 30mm.All My drivers are at 800 microsteps (motors are 200 steps/rev).

About safe height, I can't set it to zero. Only from 1 to 74.or 75. Although I have not tried to edit the .prefs file directly.

No matter what value I put on safe height, I got the same error.

So many days lost on this, kind of frustrating...
Last edit: 25 Aug 2021 00:57 by fernandosf.

More
25 Aug 2021 01:31 #218663 by phillc54
I have just made a sim from your config and I do see the problem. I don't see anything obviously wrong with the config and I don't know why it is happening yet, I will work on it today and hopefully find the reason...

More
25 Aug 2021 02:29 #218665 by phillc54
There are a couple of things wrong in the fer-qtplasmac.hal file that need changing:
from this:
net Zjoint-pos-fb => plasmac.axis-z-position
to this:
net plasmac:axis-position joint.3.pos-fb => plasmac.axis-z-position
this line needs to be uncommented:
#net plasmac:offsets-active       motion.eoffset-active       =>  plasmac.offsets-active

I would also recommend changing the following even though you are not using them. The you would have a "standard" QtPlasmaC config wich does make diagnosing issues a bit easier.
in the fer-qtplasmac.ini file [TRAJ] section from this:
SPINDLES = 1
to this:
SPINDLES = 3
in the fer-qtplasmac.hal file uncomment these two lines:
#net plasmac:scribe-start         spindle.1.on                =>  plasmac.scribe-start
#net plasmac:spotting-start       spindle.2.on                =>  plasmac.spotting-start

The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540, fernandosf

More
25 Aug 2021 17:07 #218720 by fernandosf

net Zjoint-pos-fb => plasmac.axis-z-position

Thanks Phill, I had to merge a working AXIS config with a Stepconf generated QTPlasmaC config and I don't remember of messing with the line you mentioned. If you say it's wrong, I'll get it fixed!

About SPINDLES, I tried with standard, but LCNC complained about several lines I wouldn't know how to fix, so I just put 1 SPINDLE so that it would run. Sorry about that, will try to "keep it simple (stupid me)".

I am really interested about how to make a sim config based on a real config, but that would be another topic. I am not always besides de machine and a sim would help test things.

More
25 Aug 2021 23:05 #218740 by phillc54
The following user(s) said Thank You: fernandosf

More
26 Aug 2021 14:03 - 26 Aug 2021 14:14 #218800 by fernandosf
Great news!

First, my apologies to Phill, as I don't know from where that "Zjoint-pos-fb" line came from (I've just tested and it's not from StepConf). This sort of thing happens when I don't know what I'm doing

Second, eliminating that line and adding "plasmac:axis-position" line, made it work!  I can run wrench gcode fine. Will study the config to try to understand what happens there.

About SPINDLES config, i am getting an error, if it's something simple, please advise, or I will compare the conf with a fresh new from stepconf.

error:

$ linuxcnc  /home/fer/linuxcnc/configs/fer-qtplasmac/fer-qtplasmac.ini
LINUXCNC - 2.9.0-pre0-4478-ga2e0d30a6
Machine configuration directory is '/home/fer/linuxcnc/configs/fer-qtplasmac'
Machine configuration file is 'fer-qtplasmac.ini'
Starting LinuxCNC...
Found file(REL): ./fer-qtplasmac.hal
Note: Using POSIX realtime

identityKinematicsSetup: coordinates:XYYZ
   Joint 0 ==> Axis X
   Joint 1 ==> Axis Y
   Joint 2 ==> Axis Y
   Joint 3 ==> Axis Z
identityKinematicsSetup: Recommend: kinstype=both

config string '0x378 out'
./fer-qtplasmac.hal:220: Pin 'spindle.1.on' does not exist
Shutting down and cleaning up LinuxCNC...

Last edit: 26 Aug 2021 14:14 by fernandosf. Reason: SPINDLES config working now

More
26 Aug 2021 14:17 #218802 by fernandosf
For some reason can't edit correctly

So informing I had a missing num_spindles=[TRAJ]SPINDLES
in loadrt [EMCMOT]EMCMOT ....

All working now,
You are amazing, Thank you all.
I would pay you a free beer anytime
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tommylight

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds