Framing set origen

More
03 Nov 2021 01:24 #225063 by paulsao
Framing set origen was created by paulsao
Cheers everyone. I was using the laser and framing function in qtplasmac and when I use framing it uses the coordinates of the g code and it frames it that works fine, but when I use the laser to position my origin, and I go back to using Framing after that láser, uses the coordinates y x  offset values ​​of the laser, it should frame from the origin without offset.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2021 11:41 #225093 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Framing set origen
This is working as expected. When you have a laser, with a laser offset applied, framing will be done with the laser instead of the torch, and therefore the laser offset needs to be applied.

This is from the user guide which may be clearer:

The laser enable HAL pin (qtplasmac.laser_on) will be enabled during the framing moves and any X/Y offsets for the laser pointer in the <machine_name>.ini file will also be applied to the X/Y motion.

The following user(s) said Thank You: paulsao

More
03 Nov 2021 11:53 #225095 by paulsao
Replied by paulsao on topic Framing set origen
If it is working according to the guide, but the functionality of the framing would be to indicate to the user on a metal sheet with little space where the real path of the torch will be, because if I see the laser mark as a reference there it will not pass the point of the torch if not out of phase xy

More
03 Nov 2021 12:00 #225096 by snowgoer540
I'm not completely understanding what you mean.

The laser pointer will show exactly where the cut will occur on the material. I think the thought here is that seeing the laser pointer on the material is easier to comprehend and validate than just the torch moving around the part.

Is that not good enough?

I think you are saying you want to visualize the cut with the torch rather than the laser?

More
03 Nov 2021 12:38 #225100 by paulsao
I am going to review some of the configuration so that I have something wrong, because my frame does not indicate the real place of the cut, it indicates it out of phase x and y, and if the laser is a very good characteristic indicating the real place of the cut, I will communicate anything now that I go to my configuration, I think I have a bad review because when my origin already said x = 25 and y = -15 which are the offset values ​​but when I use frame x = -25 and y = 15 they change their sign, I don't know why. And sorry for my english

More
03 Nov 2021 12:55 #225103 by snowgoer540

I think I have a bad review because when my origin already said x = 25 and y = -15 which are the offset values ​​but when I use frame x = -25 and y = 15 they change their sign, I don't know why.

Oh, well check it out for sure and report back and we can take it from there.

And sorry for my english

no apology necessary! just want to make sure we dont miscommunicate

More
03 Nov 2021 17:36 #225123 by paulsao
Well this is what is happening: the x and y offsets from my laser to the torch are:
x = 25 y = -15
(they are already configured in the .ini file).

The first image shows the coordinates after having pressed the laser button, marked the axis and marked the new origin, right at the point where my torch is located.
x = 25 y = -15

The second image shows the coordinates after using the Framing button, it is seen that the new coordinates are:
x = -25 y = 15
(x = -x and -y = y, they change sign, and I think that here you should go to x = 0 and y = 0 and make the frame from this point since when you press CYCLE START the torch goes to this point x = 0 and = 0).
Attachments:

More
03 Nov 2021 18:25 #225127 by snowgoer540

Well this is what is happening: the x and y offsets from my laser to the torch are:
x = 25 y = -15
(they are already configured in the .ini file).

The first image shows the coordinates after having pressed the laser button, marked the axis and marked the new origin, right at the point where my torch is located.
x = 25 y = -15

The second image shows the coordinates after using the Framing button, it is seen that the new coordinates are:
x = -25 y = 15
(x = -x and -y = y, they change sign, and I think that here you should go to x = 0 and y = 0 and make the frame from this point since when you press CYCLE START the torch goes to this point x = 0 and = 0).

This all looks correct to me.

I think you are confused because the framing moves are shown on the plotter with relation to the torch, so they look offset. The whole thing needs to be offset -25 in X and 15 in Y because that's where the laser is. The finish point of X-25Y15 is correct, because that is the coordinate when the laser is over top of the zero point that you set earlier.

I think it might make sense to you if you cut the part out, and then run a framing move to prove to yourself that the laser makes a box around the part that was just cut out.

More
03 Nov 2021 18:57 #225134 by paulsao
Thanks, I just cut the example piece and then tested the framing and it doesn't indicate where the cut should be, this goes through the offsets. Perhaps I am using this function incorrectly, but I indicate that first with the laser I position myself in any part of the sheet and I say my origin where it begins to cut and from there verify if the piece occupied that framed place of use. 
Attachments:

More
03 Nov 2021 19:39 #225136 by snowgoer540
Are you saying Framing doesn’t turn on your laser?

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds