Problem with displaying the currently executing line.

More
16 Mar 2023 08:13 #266809 by DmitryKV
Hello.
I use dev Linuxcnc Plasmac 2.9.0~pre0.8052.g924f12f53. Faced the problem of displaying the current executable line. I need additional M codes for my machine to work. So when they are executed, the status bar freezes and resumes the display when the G codes are executed. Can anyone tell me what settings need to be activated in the G-code widget?

Regards, Dmitry.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2023 10:09 #266818 by snowgoer540
I think has to do with the linuxcnc gcode interpreter.  

This ties into single block discussions.  Two such example threads are:

forum.linuxcnc.org/show-your-stuff/45402...siemens-style#238190

forum.linuxcnc.org/pathpilot/48076-pathp...gleblock-work#263031

More
17 Mar 2023 11:57 #266905 by DmitryKV
Hello.

I read the posts you suggested, but unfortunately I could not understand how it would help me. The gcode_display property has moveMarker - self.w.gcode_display.moveMarker(0). I unfortunately can not understand who is moving the marker. How is the interpreter related to the marker?
If this is an interpreter, then where is the place where you can tell it to reflect steps on M codes?

Regards, Dmitry.

More
17 Mar 2023 16:23 #266919 by snowgoer540
I was attempting to articulate that you can't change the behavior without rewriting core linuxcnc code.

self.w.gcode_display.moveMarker(0) comes from the qtplasmac_handler.  It is part of the run from line line selection code.  (not what you're after).

The line marker movement for qtplasmac is handled in the qtvcp gcode_editor widget.  The signal is connected at  line 599  and passes the emitted line information to the "external_highlight_request" method.  The line information is emitted from line 496  of hal_glib.py.  Walking further backward, self.old is populated from self.stat.motion_line, which comes from the emcmodule.cc python interface (here) .  task.motionLine is created  here  (notice that it says "line motion is executing-- may lag".  And finally, motionLine gets populated  here .

Hopefully that helps.

More
20 Mar 2023 08:45 #267125 by DmitryKV
Hello.

Thanks for the answer. Now it's very clear.

Regards, Dmitry.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds