New set of problems

More
17 May 2024 14:07 #300833 by acourtjester
Replied by acourtjester on topic New set of problems
In the material number I select in the G-code and manually before the cut it is 0.2.
Which I assume is 0.2 seconds. That should be way before the last part of the cut I was making. 

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2024 16:40 #300843 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic New set of problems
Not pierce delay, there is also THC delay and that can be causing this, as the THC will remain inactive during that time.

More
17 May 2024 20:31 #300865 by acourtjester
Ok I remove the temp entries from the material list and the error no longer shows at start up.
Tommy I looked for the delay in the THC and it was set to 1.5 I changed it to .2 now if you do not have "Auto Active" on it will show.  But not if "Auto Active" is on see screen shots.

Something else I found after running QTOlasmaC-Material to convert SheetCam tool list to be used in QTPlasmaC none of the needed entries are converted it just shows 000 (Pierce height, Cut height, cut volts, and feed rate) see below.  If you look at the list the metric info is there but no the English values as shown below????  Even though I use English in SheetCam the tool list is recorded in Metric, the conversion software gives the option to convert either using a check box.  Maybe I needed to use the Metric conversion not the English.

I have since manually added the needed info to the material list.  I have video showing another thing with the material list uploaded to the Google Drive, when it clears I will send a link to you.
Here is a config dump from today

File Attachment:

File Name: 41624test_...9.tar.gz
File Size:14 KB

Attachments:

More
17 May 2024 20:38 #300866 by acourtjester
Video about the temp material problem, puzzling.

drive.google.com/file/d/1yxOujCTB-ecXorZ...DHU/view?usp=sharing

More
17 May 2024 21:18 #300867 by tommylight
0.2 should be fine, but the fact it does not show when auto activate is on is baffling to me, when does it activate when auto is on? Phill? Snowwy?
As for materials, sorry i can not help, i do not use SheetCAM, i use Inkscape, so i add materials manually.
The following user(s) said Thank You: acourtjester

More
17 May 2024 23:42 #300877 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic New set of problems
I think that you would need a very good quality plasma power supply to use 0.2 second THC Delay, I found with my Hypertherm that 0.5 was the minimum safe value I could consistently use.

If THC Auto Activate is checked then THC Delay is not used, it uses Sample Counts and Sample Threshold. For example, if Sample Counts = 50 and Sample Threshold = 1.00 V it would require 50 consecutive cycles of the arc voltage being with 1 volt of the materials Cut Volts after the Cut Feed Rate was reached.

More
17 May 2024 23:59 #300878 by phillc54
Your video about the materials is showing the correct behaviour.

Material numbers 1000000 and above are reserved for temporary materials, these are created by the post processor if required in the g-code file.

If your g-code file has something along the lines of:
 (o=0,kw=0.054, ph=0.12, pd=0, ch=0.12, fr=43, th=1, cv=124, pe=0, jh=0, jd=0)
then a temporary material will be created when the g-code file is loaded and it will appear in the material list on screen but will not be added to the material file on disk.

If you then load a g-code file that does not have any temporary material then there will be no temporary material in the material list on screen.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
18 May 2024 00:10 #300880 by tommylight

I think that you would need a very good quality plasma power supply to use 0.2 second THC Delay, I found with my Hypertherm that 0.5 was the minimum safe value I could consistently use.

Strange, i have an old Cebora 50A with a missing winding (well i cut it out as it was burned, got it for free) so it does 27A now, HF/HV pilot start, and a few days back bought a new Kzubr 60A inverter plasma, also HF/HV pilot arc, for both i have 0.1 for THC delay, and it works just fine.
All this is for PlasmaC, i still use PlasmaC on production machines, will have to give another try to Qt version soon.
But i do believe some Hypertherms will cause issues till the current limiting reaches the setpoint.
Had a MAX40 in use at a client that would wait from torch on relay switching to actually striking an arc from 1 to 7 seconds, depending on how it felt at every start! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
18 May 2024 00:19 - 18 May 2024 00:32 #300881 by phillc54

Something else I found after running QTOlasmaC-Material to convert SheetCam tool list to be used in QTPlasmaC none of the needed entries are converted it just shows 000

Could you post your SheetCam tool list.

i have an old Cebora 50A with a missing winding (well i cut it out as it was burned, got it for free) so it does 27A now, HF/HV pilot start, and a few days back bought a new Kzubr 60A inverter plasma, also HF/HV pilot arc, for both i have 0.1 for THC delay, and it works just fine.

That is impressive.

But i do believe some Hypertherms will cause issues till the current limiting reaches the setpoint.

I use Auto Activate now and it works great, no guesswork.

All this is for PlasmaC, i still use PlasmaC on production machines, will have to give another try to Qt version soon.

Have you tried plasmac2?

Had a MAX40 in use at a client that would wait from torch on relay switching to actually striking an arc from 1 to 7 seconds, depending on how it felt at every start!

It is just letting you know who is the boss. :)
Last edit: 18 May 2024 00:32 by phillc54.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
18 May 2024 01:09 #300884 by tommylight

Have you tried plasmac2?

I have to shamefully admit that i forgot about it, even more shameful about 5-6 months back i did remember and decided to have a look at it when i get home, then forgot. :(

It is just letting you know who is the boss. :)

Not anymore :)
He had already 2 of them burn one winding from power surges, he is out of town so power fluctuates a lot, a few days back i wired in a Hypertherm Powermax 1250 instead. Also has a Cebora 120A wired to the same machine so he can switch as he needs between them.
Still uses the toma_thc config, did not want to switch to PlasmaC despite me insisting.
Sorry for hijacking the thread ACourtJester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds