#<holes> = 3 - Unexpected behaviour

More
27 Aug 2024 03:34 #308758 by CFE
Hi Phil,

Same result on the motion.analog-out-03 pin.

Cheers, Peter
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2024 03:47 #308759 by phillc54
Hmmm, I don't understand what is going on. This is what you should see:
Warning: Spoiler!

It may be worth asking in a different forum section as a M67 issue, either Basic Configuration or Advanced Configuration as more folk will probably notice it. I am fairly certain that there is nothing we do which would affect M67 operations. In the meantime I will keep experimenting but not being able to replicate the issue makes it difficult.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CFE

More
27 Aug 2024 03:56 #308760 by CFE
Hi Phil,

Thank you. I checked the HAL pins and it looks like the feed reduction pin is connected to the motion pin. I will bring it up in advanced configuration, hopefully that gives us some clarity.

Love your work !

Cheers, Peter
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
27 Aug 2024 07:03 #308773 by phillc54
I am probably barking up the wrong tree but could you try with the following lines disabled in their respective files:
Plasma.ini:   HALFILE = plasma_gamepad.hal
Plasma.hal:   loadusr -W hal_input -KRAL Gamepad

More
27 Aug 2024 18:30 #308841 by snowgoer540
I did some digging into this today.  I didn't see the issue on my system either, but I noticed I am up to date with all of the commits on master (QtPlasmaC version 008.048), whereas you are on 008.043.  That is from May 4, 2024.  I did some digging in to the commit history, as I vaguely remembered seeing something involving Motion, and I found this commit:

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/commit/6598...13e27e03e792dc838c86

in the commit description, it solves some M67 issues.  Here is the issue it claims to have fixed:

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/issues/2987

At any rate, I checked out the commit before this one (469ab15), and recompiled the project, and I see similar issues to what you are seeing.  M67 does not seem to be effective.  I think I can safely say this is the culprit.  It does beg the question as to how long it was broken, but nonetheless it seems to work again.

Long story short:  You need to update. 

Happy cutting.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S, Aciera, CFE

More
27 Aug 2024 23:46 #308857 by snowgoer540
I should caveat that the buildbot has been down, I think this change was built before it broke. But I’m sure this is the issue nonetheless.

More
01 Sep 2024 22:49 #309173 by CFE
Hi all,

I just got back to the workshop, ran an update and presto, all is well ! Thanks to all of you for having a look into this, much appreciated !!

Cheers, Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds