Probe_Basic Install

More
18 Feb 2022 03:33 #235211 by jkkicks
Replied by jkkicks on topic Probe_Basic Install
I seem to have gotten closer. QTPYVCP seems to be installed properly now. i can run editvcp probe_basic and QT designer actually launches. Though I get an error:

{
The enumeration-type property horizontalScrollBarPolicy could not be read.
}

any insight?

Still not getting probe_basic to launch from linuxcnc launcher. I can almost taste it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2022 10:10 #235225 by robertspark
Replied by robertspark on topic Probe_Basic Install
I suspect you have a mixed installation of python 2.7 and python 3.....

Linuxcnc 2.8.2 iso is python 2.7 (and GTK2)

If you installed the master branch of qtpyvcp that will be a python3 install

Then if you install the master branch of probe basic ..... that is python2.7.....

I am trialing a Debian Bullseye (native python 3) + linuxCNC master install + qtpyvcp + probe basic (python3 branch) + probe basic conversational gcode (python 3) install.

I'm happy to walk you through it if you want (most of it is actually on the qtpyvcp installation instructions..... what they don't tell you is the probe basic master branch is actually python 2.7! and you need to install the python 3 branch using th -b python3 switch for git.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FlyingAMortgage

More
18 Feb 2022 17:22 #235250 by jkkicks
Wow that sounds actually reasonable. qtpyvcp has only worked installing via python3 for me… Didn’t realize they didn’t work together too well…

I would love to give a full native python3 install a try. does it have to be on debian 11? Not sure if there’s a DM function in the forum but you could post the commands and steps in the comments here?

More
18 Feb 2022 20:06 #235265 by robertspark
this should work for a walk through.....

NOTE: some of the items (such as the network setup and isolcpus are for my setup and more than likley won't work for you but the content should be there for you to have a look through).

More
18 Feb 2022 20:12 #235267 by jkkicks
Is there supposed to be a link involved?

Might not show up since i’m on mobile, or maybe it’s not included?

More
18 Feb 2022 20:40 #235273 by tommylight
The following user(s) said Thank You: FlyingAMortgage

More
19 Feb 2022 09:05 #235315 by robertspark
I will have a look into your current problem, I'd rather you hadn't posted in that thread and just kept it here with your original problem

More
19 Feb 2022 09:52 #235317 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Probe_Basic Install
If you have a clean install of Debian 11 - Bullseye,
the QTPYVCP guys have this script that builds linuxcnc and installs QTPYVCP and probe basic. I don't think its been pushed to their master yet, but can grab it from Joco here
github.com/joco-nz/lcnc-bullseye-installer

The thing I like about Bullseye is it does not have Python 2 so everything is Python 3 which avoids the version conflict issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robertspark

More
19 Feb 2022 17:04 #235333 by robertspark
that script is very interesting

need to install zenity (sudo apt install zenity) to get it to fully run in my case.

I will have a go at another clean bullseye install....... seems I've now killed probebasic lathe ..... I was fiddling with the mill and that I "broke"

{I'm learning..... breaking stuff is part of the learning process.... }

More
19 Feb 2022 21:34 #235352 by bw621
Replied by bw621 on topic Probe_Basic Install
I have been trying to install probe basic today using the both the quick start and developer install.  I have not been able to successfully do so.  I have installed it several times in the past successfully.  Two things I noticed was that the link to download  the installer (see below), and that a probe basic installer fix was committed 2 hours ago on github.  Does anyone think that this could be associated with my potential issues installing?  If not I can post the specific issues that I am having.

Installer link 

Attachments:

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.359 seconds