Can't get LinuxCNC to start with qtdragon

More
04 Oct 2020 13:31 #184811 by JohnnyCNC
Thanks Tommy. I loaded 19.3 and using previous instructions and I got to the point where it is failing because of missing/incorrect hal and ini settings before I ran out of time. I'll work through those next but it looks like I am close. I have three SSDs for this machine so I may try to get Mint 20 working next.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2020 00:19 #184887 by JohnnyCNC
Success!

I got the Dragon screen to come up and I am able to make the machine move with it. Now I just need to find what I am missing to get that good looking screen shown here and learn how to add a custom button that I want. Then get used to using it.

Thank you all for your help.
John

More
05 Oct 2020 00:44 #184892 by cmorley
if you mean the theme - press f12 to select themes

More
05 Oct 2020 01:37 #184903 by JohnnyCNC
Yes. Thank you. All pretty now. Now I need to speed some time learning how to use it. Right now it's like working in someone else's shop.

John

More
05 Oct 2020 06:18 #184932 by cmorley
Yes some detailed docs on using it would be good.
If you make some notes - we would consider adding them to the docs.

More
06 Oct 2020 16:32 #185094 by JohnnyCNC
I'll keep some notes on the questions I have as they may be the same ones someone else might have when starting out with this. I'm trying to figure as much of this on my own as I can. I don't want to be the guy that always begs for a RTFM response. Does any documentation other than this exist?
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/gui/qtdragon.html

More
06 Oct 2020 22:59 #185158 by cmorley
That's about it at the moment - which I realize is mostly about getting it running.
Ill be happy to see your notes!

More
07 Oct 2020 02:32 #185183 by JohnnyCNC
Just an FYI,

I started my machine tonight to see if I could get the manual tool change dialog to popup and I noticed there was an update for LCNC. I installed the update. When I exited QTDragon I got and the dialog that popups up and it has changed visually. This is what it looks like now. I don't think I did anything that would have caused this changed other than install the update.
Attachments:

More
07 Oct 2020 03:34 #185204 by cmorley
You didn;t post what it looks like - but it's not your fault.
I added some code so the dialogs can be styled differently and then didn't add stylesheets changes for them.
I'll try to fix them soonish.

More
07 Oct 2020 04:24 #185206 by persei8
As soon as I'm done with the probe stuff, I will start on the QtDragon documentation. Shouldn't be much longer.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds