Can't get LinuxCNC to start with qtdragon

More
08 Oct 2020 18:40 - 09 Oct 2020 05:35 #185380 by hottabich
Thank you for attention! The designer has been installing for a long time, but there are installation instructions here. He looks like that. What Dragon doesn't work on the touchscreen? I don't have a touchscreen monitor.
Last edit: 09 Oct 2020 05:35 by hottabich.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2020 21:45 #185400 by cmorley

Hi,

on reading this thread, I thought - give it a try ...
... only change: debian stable (buster) and linuxcnc master (current checkout and fresh build).

Fails with:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/src/linuxcnc-dev/share/qtvcp/screens/qtdragon/qtdragon_handler.py", line 94, in <lambda>
    STATUS.connect('interp-idle', lambda w: self.set_start_line(0))
  File "/usr/local/src/linuxcnc-dev/share/qtvcp/screens/qtdragon/qtdragon_handler.py", line 802, in set_start_line
    self.w.lbl_start_line.setText('1')
AttributeError: 'VCPWindow' object has no attribute 'lbl_start_line'

this error message unfortunately does not show the actual problem.
Sometimes you will see that the error mesage that pops up is actually the second or third. usually the #1 shows the original problem.
If you press continue on all but the #1 - hopefully it will show the actual problem.

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reinhard

More
09 Oct 2020 14:18 #185467 by Reinhard
Hi Chris,

thanks for the hint. Could find the error in terminals log and solved it to start.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cmorley

More
09 Oct 2020 14:40 - 09 Oct 2020 14:45 #185473 by hottabich
Sorry, but what are you running? You can post 3 files ui, postgui.hal, handler.py.
Last edit: 09 Oct 2020 14:45 by hottabich.

More
10 Oct 2020 01:33 #185527 by JohnnyCNC
Haven't had much time to spend on this but I did get QT Designer installed and I was able to change the text on one of the buttons. Now to try adding a new button and attached functionality to it. This is all new to me. I'm used to coding in C# using Visual Studio and a tiny bit in Python.

More
12 Oct 2020 02:16 #185781 by JohnnyCNC
It would be much more convenient if I could use QT Designer on my Windows laptop to work on screen changes. I know sacrilegious but it would be so convenient. I loaded QT Designer and I can open the qtdragon screen but I don't have the LinuxCNC wdigets in the tool bar on the left. Is it possible to install them on a my Windows PC? When I want to test a new screen I will copy the .ui file to my Linux machine.

Thanks
John

More
14 Oct 2020 01:37 #186051 by JohnnyCNC

You didn;t post what it looks like - but it's not your fault.
I added some code so the dialogs can be styled differently and then didn't add stylesheets changes for them.
I'll try to fix them soonish.

Thanks Chris. The dialogs now look good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cmorley

More
04 Nov 2020 20:28 #188343 by JohnnyCNC
Just a little update. I received the touch-screen I had ordered (ASUS VT229H 21.5 inch). I set the resolution to 1440 x 900 and QT Dragon fills the screen. I plugged in the VGA, USB, and power cable and the touch screen worked right out of the box. The only thing I don't really like is the glossy screen. I wish it would have had a matt screen but all of the screens that were contenders were glossy. All of the buttons are plenty big enough. If I could have found a 17" I probably would have gotten that and I think the buttons would have still been big enough.
Now to make a mount to mount it on my enclosure.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.531 seconds