QRadioButtons in preferences file

More
10 Oct 2020 22:43 #185653 by phillc54

Here you go...
It is a zip file of the complete working config. A bit lazy I know but it is the easiest way for me to keep everything in one place. The Qtvcp

What casues this error when giving this a go?
Machine configuration directory is '/home/rod/linuxcnc/configs/qtplasmac/qtplasmac'
Machine configuration file is 'qtplasmac.ini'
can't find package Linuxcnc
    while executing
"package require Linuxcnc "
    (file "/home/rod/linuxcnc-plasmac/lib/hallib/check_config.tcl" line 160)
check_config validation failed
LinuxCNC terminated with an error.  You can find more information in the log:

I have no idea...

I can run it on master branch on a machine built from the LinuxCNC buster ISO (built with python 3) and and also a machine built from the LinuxCNC Stretch ISO (built with python2).

Any other messages?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2020 00:43 #185654 by rodw
Hmm, I pulled a new install from git for 2.9. It looks like I used one of Beagle's Mint installs before the move to 2.8.
I found another thread about another issue that mentioned some missing python dependencies. One was opencv which I installed, the other one existed.

So check_config.tcl contains:
package require Linuxcnc ;# parse_ini
So I don't know what package means.

More
11 Oct 2020 00:46 #185655 by rodw
I might add, this breaks every config, jut not this one

More
11 Oct 2020 00:50 #185656 by phillc54
Well it's got me, I don't ever recall seeing it.

To me it means that check_config.tcl is looking for a package named linuxcnc and cannot find it...

I think Dewey is the resident TCL expert, I can stumble by a bit with it but this is beyond me.

More
11 Oct 2020 01:06 #185659 by rodw
Yeh, I posted in a seperate thread. Hopefully it might get a wider audience. I tried 2.8 as well. No change. So used to using master which is all I've ever used.
I have both Python 2 and Python3 installed.

So how do we install the Linuxcnc package?

More
11 Oct 2020 01:12 - 11 Oct 2020 01:12 #185660 by phillc54
In a rip build, linuxcnc.tcl.in lives in /tcl and after building there is a linuxcnc.tcl and a linuxcnc.so there as well. So it should be built when you make.
Last edit: 11 Oct 2020 01:12 by phillc54.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
11 Oct 2020 06:03 #185666 by rodw
Thanks Phill, that gave me a clue to work it out. I had another RIP instance on the computer and the rip-environment did not remove it so it must have been looking in the wrong folder for it. A quick reboot and it was all good.

I know this is a work in progress.
I really like what you've done.
I really like the nice clean layout on the front page.
I noticed the part was not displayed but all the jogging and MDI shows up.

Some suggestions

1. It would be great to have a button which pops up MDI history and allow selection of an old line.
2. Then an execute MDI button would be nice. (to allow select a prior line, edit it and execute it - Gmocappy's button is not touch friendly )
3. I think there is a lot of wasted space on the front screen due to screen preview. If you think about it, a plasma table is either going to be square or rectangular with Y running up and down the screen in Z view (eg portrait view) The screen preview is in landscape mode so not really useful The screen preview could be to the left of the Arc and Control blocks and extend to the top of the screen. That would be perfect for a 1200 x 2400 table but maybe there is an option in the settings to make it a square preview for 1200 x 1200 tables. I don't know how you could utilise the extra real estate if a square preview was selected, Maybe some parameters could be moved forward in that situation.
4. I never use the perspective view so think the P button could be deleted if it is simple.

5. Could jog distance be a series of radio buttons (or buttons) under the fast button? We don't want to be wasting time with drop downs. Scrolling is not always easy on a touch screen.

I'm keen to see the next instalment...
Attachments:

More
11 Oct 2020 06:13 #185668 by phillc54
Yep, there is a lot to do...

I see on your screen the white MDI and the white jog increments, Chris had the same but I don't see that here. I think I'll build a VBox VM and see if that is different.

The part is not displayed because there is no material file parameters setup yet so the only files that load are non plasmac ones, try some of the standard examples.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
11 Oct 2020 06:34 #185669 by rodw

I see on your screen the white MDI and the white jog increments.

Well if you make them radio buttons, the problem goes away :)
They show as white on the other tabs too...

Oh and I found chips displays! Thanks! :)

I'd love to help but I think I'd get in the road... So much still I don't know about Linuxcnc.

More
11 Oct 2020 06:37 #185670 by phillc54
The real estate issue is hard to get around when trying to accommodate different screen sizes and aspect ratios...

Anyhows it is keeping me off the streets :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds