QRadioButtons in preferences file

More
12 Oct 2020 11:07 #185815 by rodw
Well that worked a bit better. I can see an arc voltage!

On a dual monitor machine, the popup windows to set offsets etc are not constrained to the active window and were floating on the other monitor while I wondered why the screen was greyed out. They should be constrained to the application window.

I know this is not a Phill problem, but maybe Chris could review the behaviour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2020 11:57 #185818 by rodw
I thought I'd ask while this is in development.
With a few of us using Lam drivers and servos, could we have a single error indicator for a drive fault on any joint. I think that would be achieved by oring all of the joint.N.faulted signals together.

If the user clicks on the indicator then could a window open that displays all of the joint fault pins (perferably with X,Y,Y1,Z etc displayed beside the joint number.

Possibly one spot to display this would be on one of the user buttons. Let the button go red on a fault.

Its just I had a big lost step issue on Friday becasue I was ignoring drive faults (wired to the 7i76e but not connected in HAL). I think if the fault was recognised and reported, It would have paused long before the part was ruined.

More
12 Oct 2020 12:09 #185820 by tommylight
+1 on the faults.
And that reminds me, i did order 4 more of THCAD, 1x 7i77, 2x 7i96, 2x 7i92 aaaaand forgot to order a 7i95 ! Dang, i would love to add encoders to those Lam drives and use the included BOOST feature, especially since i have already tested it and it works perfectly. :(
Oh well, next time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
12 Oct 2020 12:21 #185823 by rodw

+1 on the faults.
And that reminds me, i did order 4 more of THCAD, 1x 7i77, 2x 7i96, 2x 7i92 aaaaand forgot to order a 7i95 ! Dang, i would love to add encoders to those Lam drives and use the included BOOST feature, especially since i have already tested it and it works perfectly. :(
Oh well, next time.

After pricing encoders, I lost interest in that method. Instead I thought it would be possible to write a component which enables boost while accelerating which is more in keeping with what Lam suggests. One day!

More
14 Oct 2020 22:15 - 14 Oct 2020 22:16 #186133 by cmorley

Well that worked a bit better. I can see an arc voltage!

On a dual monitor machine, the popup windows to set offsets etc are not constrained to the active window and were floating on the other monitor while I wondered why the screen was greyed out. They should be constrained to the application window.

I know this is not a Phill problem, but maybe Chris could review the behaviour.

You can specify where qtvcp's builtin dialogs pop up by modifying the preference file.
I don't see where i have documented that ...

try :
EntryDialog-geometry = onwindow
center,bottomleft,default are other options.
Other wise it should remember where you put them and how big they were.

If the dialog was built in the handler file then it might not follow these rules.

I have not tried it with a dual monitor system.
I'll do a little research about that - thanks
Last edit: 14 Oct 2020 22:16 by cmorley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds