Steppers & Linear encoders

More
30 Jul 2020 09:20 #176486 by Joco
Replied by Joco on topic Steppers & Linear encoders
Great info and interested to see where you get with things Rod.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2020 20:17 #177938 by Joco

Aciera wrote: I use steppers in closed loop with glass scales on my mill with a 7i76E. Works fine.

Aciera - i note from a post elsewhere that you are using 5um scales like me. Would you be willing to post your hal and ini files? Keen to check my setup/connections and values against another working config. Also interested in any observations on accuracy, tolerances you typically get.

I found Metalmusings build thread as well and have been looking at his setup.

Cheers,
J.

More
16 Aug 2020 08:27 #178366 by Joco
Just to let people know I cracked things. I now have the two MPG encoders on the 7i76 in mode 2 linked up to 5um glass scales on X and Y axis providing closed loop feedback into the stepper PIDs.

Tests are showing following error is typically 0.02mm the vaste bulk of the time when cutting and is within 0.05mm during rapids. Also test cuts of aluminium on this small BF20 mill (G0704 equivalent) look to be within 0.02mm. This includes external cuts and internal pockets. An internal circular pocket was done as a "tough test" with the diameter coming within 0.02mm of target. There were also no signs of backlash or transition marks.

cheers,
James.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds