Tools and tool table

More
24 Oct 2012 14:04 #25761 by LAIR82
Replied by LAIR82 on topic Re:Tools and tool table
I am running 2.6.0pre with the fanuc style tool table patch in place to be able to use geo offsets and wear offsets.

Start Linux
Home the machine
Using the file icon on the toolbar, open my nc_files folder, and then I select what program I want.

The tool table will open without issue at any point prior to opening and loading a program. After I have a program loaded to run, the tool table will not open.

Up until about early last week though I did not have any issues like this, I have had that patch on for at least 3 weeks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2012 18:03 #25792 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:Tools and tool table
That seems to be an issue with the faunc style tool patch. Have you notified the author of the patch of the issue?

John

More
22 Mar 2013 09:34 #31705 by LAIR82
Going back to this thread, our 2nd retrofit is moving along fairly well except for the fact that, I am in the same position as I was on the first machine, I can't get the machine to initiate a toolchange and display the current tool at the bottom of the display. When I enter T1 M6 in MDI and hit enter, I see in show hal config tool prepare pulse on, which is linked directly to tool prepared and acknoledge the tool is prepared, I see tool 1 in the tool prep # line but that stays there, it never clears after acknoledging that it was prepared, and I never get the tool change output to fire my ladder sequencing to perform the actual tool change. I am using the exact same ladder logic that I am using on our other machine that works flawlessly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Rick

More
22 Mar 2013 19:58 #31724 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:Tools and tool table

Going back to this thread, our 2nd retrofit is moving along fairly well except for the fact that, I am in the same position as I was on the first machine, I can't get the machine to initiate a toolchange and display the current tool at the bottom of the display. When I enter T1 M6 in MDI and hit enter, I see in show hal config tool prepare pulse on, which is linked directly to tool prepared and acknoledge the tool is prepared, I see tool 1 in the tool prep # line but that stays there, it never clears after acknoledging that it was prepared, and I never get the tool change output to fire my ladder sequencing to perform the actual tool change. I am using the exact same ladder logic that I am using on our other machine that works flawlessly.

Are you using that patch that changes the tool change logic? The D Rogge patch makes tol change happen on the T word, there is no need for an M6 (as I understand it).

Typically the T command sets iocontrol.0.tool-prepare then the toolchanger sets iocontrol.0.tool-prepared to show that it is finished (and on manual change machines or machine which do not need to prepare, then these two pins are netted directly together, which it seems you have set up that way)
The M6 sets iocontrol.0.tool-change which starts the toolchanger, and the toolchanger signals that it has completed by setting iocontrol.0.tool-changed

If you are using the D Rogge patch then I don't think M6 does anything, but I might be wrong. If that is the case then your toolchanger needs to fit between the too-prepare and tool-prepared pins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LAIR82

More
22 Mar 2013 21:09 - 22 Mar 2013 23:00 #31727 by LAIR82
I don't have the patch applied yet, I am just trying to get the machine up and going normally then apply the patch. I do have the prepare/prepared connected to make that acknowledgement to linux, and watching it in show hal config I see prepared go hi then low when I command the tool change. For the change/changed is where I am noticing the problem. I am not seeing the tool-change pin go high to initiate the actual tool change though. I have hooked a manual switch into my logic to bypass the tool change NO contact, to manually initiate a tool change. When I enter M6 T1, and hit my bypass button, the tool changer starts its cycle, stops on the correct tool and pulses tool-changed high for .5 seconds, which I see making in show hal. I am running the GIT version 2.6.0~pre same as the other machine you have helped me on, and the file are almost identical between machines regarding the tool turret.

Thanks

Rick

Sorry for the confusion Andy, I had a rung in another section of my ladder entered twice, that was inhibiting the controller. I apparently haven't fully wrapped my head around how ladder logic works, as soon as I eliminated the second line, the tool changer works just fine.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Rick
Last edit: 22 Mar 2013 23:00 by LAIR82. Reason: Stupid Mistake

More
23 Mar 2013 01:03 #31738 by LAIR82
Now that the tool changer is going good, and everything is looking OK, I tried to apply the patch. Would it be possible that it would not be compatible with the latest version of master? I tried to apply it from the command line with no luck, so I modified the three rs274ngc files manually, and tried to recompile linux, but it faults during the "make" command when it gets to the files that I modified. I noticed that some of the wording is different in those three files from the last build.

More
23 Mar 2013 03:03 #31743 by andypugh

Would it be possible that it would not be compatible with the latest version of master? .

It's possible. But without the error messages from "patch" or "make" i would need to go out and machine a crystal ball.

More
23 Mar 2013 03:21 #31746 by LAIR82
When I get back in monday I will post what it does.

Thanks again

More
25 Mar 2013 22:14 #31853 by LAIR82
Here is what happens when I try to apply the patch from the command line. I attached a copy of the patch for reference.

Thanks

Rick

cinci15cc@cinci15cc-desktop:~/linuxcnc-dev$ git am --signoff 0001-Fanuc-style-tool-change-for-Lathes.-On-Fanuc-control.patch
Applying: Fanuc-style tool change for Lathes. On Fanuc-controlled lathes (as well Fanuc-like lathes like Haas, Okuma, and likely others). tool changes are not commanded with an M6, and offsets are not applied with G43. Rather the T word both commands a tool change and applies offsets. The offsets on Fanuc lathe controls are stored in two separate registers: geometry and wear. The wear offset register has IDs in the 1-99 range, the geometry offset register has IDs in the 10001 - 10099 range. A T word followed by one or two digits causes a tool change and applies only the geometry offsets. A T word with three or four digits also applies the wear offsets.
/home/cinci15cc/linuxcnc-dev/.git/rebase-apply/patch:82: trailing whitespace.
}
error: patch failed: src/emc/rs274ngc/interp_convert.cc:5097
error: src/emc/rs274ngc/interp_convert.cc: patch does not apply
Patch failed at 0001 Fanuc-style tool change for Lathes. On Fanuc-controlled lathes (as well Fanuc-like lathes like Haas, Okuma, and likely others). tool changes are not commanded with an M6, and offsets are not applied with G43. Rather the T word both commands a tool change and applies offsets. The offsets on Fanuc lathe controls are stored in two separate registers: geometry and wear. The wear offset register has IDs in the 1-99 range, the geometry offset register has IDs in the 10001 - 10099 range. A T word followed by one or two digits causes a tool change and applies only the geometry offsets. A T word with three or four digits also applies the wear offsets.
When you have resolved this problem run "git am --resolved".
If you would prefer to skip this patch, instead run "git am --skip".
To restore the original branch and stop patching run "git am --abort".
cinci15cc@cinci15cc-desktop:~/linuxcnc-dev$
Attachments:

More
25 Mar 2013 23:40 #31864 by andypugh
There are random encoding errors in the patch file (only in the description text though). I don't know if that is the problem.

If you look at the file it is quite small, about 4 blocks of code to insert. It would take only a few minutes to apply by hand.
(lines preceded with a - get deleted, + get added. You need to get rid of the + and - signs, of course.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds