Tools and tool table

More
04 Apr 2013 00:27 #32236 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:Tools and tool table
sudo apt-get install build-essential devscripts debhelper libpth-dev tcl8.5-dev tk8.5-dev bwidget libxaw7-dev libreadline5-dev python-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libxinerama-dev autoconf python-tk libglib2.0-dev libxft-dev gettext libgtk2.0-dev python-imaging-tk

(you might just need autoconf, but no point messing about)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jlviloria

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2013 00:56 - 04 Apr 2013 10:15 #32238 by jlviloria
Replied by jlviloria on topic Re:Tools and tool table
good,

Friends think something's wrong with the master. reinstall ubuntu. and the problem persists.

the only thing I did was this:

Install ubuntu
install the master linuxcnc-dev
modify the files to apply the patch tool fanuc style change
when I try to compile is the same problem I tried with all the options given to me without good result.

any idea what may be happening.

thanks

Jorge Viloria
Last edit: 04 Apr 2013 10:15 by jlviloria.

More
07 Apr 2013 00:59 #32351 by LAIR82
Replied by LAIR82 on topic Re:Tools and tool table
Hello Jorge

How have you made out with your build problem?

Rick

More
07 Apr 2013 06:39 #32357 by andypugh

the only thing I did was this:
Install ubuntu
install the master linuxcnc-dev
modify the files to apply the patch tool fanuc style change
when I try to compile is the same problem I tried with all the options given to me without good result.

You may need some or all of the packages in that list I gave.
The default Ubuntu installation does not include all the packages you need to compile software.

You definitely will need to sudo apt-get install build-essential linuxcnc-dev

The latter is a package of tools, not the same thing as getting the source for master.

More
07 Apr 2013 08:01 #32358 by jlviloria
Replied by jlviloria on topic Re:Tools and tool table
Rick, Andy.

download again ubuntu. of linuxcnc.org and install things, also install all recommended and this time it works thank God.

I have the following details,

tool change command (t0n0n). with copying pyVCP bigJohnT
machine makes perfect change
linuxcnc stuck for a few seconds after making the tool change
which indicates that tool is in use, you delay indicate the tool change.

I'm afraid that running a program does not assimilate the tool number and the tool crashes.

RICK you feel the same?

I also wanted to ask you how you go with the GScreen (Cmorley), you worked perfect? it is true what he says with the tool table, when closed you can not re-open, and wear is the radio.

Another thing how do I run a program from a specific line?
if you just want to run finish, or it can not?

thanks.

More
07 Apr 2013 18:20 #32375 by andypugh

linuxcnc stuck for a few seconds after making the tool change
which indicates that tool is in use, you delay indicate the tool change.

I'm afraid that running a program does not assimilate the tool number and the tool crashes.

If you are saying what I think you are saying, then LinuxCNC won't move an axis until tool-changed is set to true.

Another thing how do I run a program from a specific line?
if you just want to run finish, or it can not?

I know how to do it in Axis, I am not sure how you do it in other interfaces. Just be aware that if you are doing this, you need to manually start the spindle, coolant, select the correct tool etc. Run-from-line does exactly that, it starts to run the G-code as if the selected line was the beginning of the G-code file.

More
08 Apr 2013 00:58 #32391 by LAIR82
Hello Jorge,

It is true that when using the AXIS display that after loading a program you cannot open the tool table editor, it is a bug in Linux from what I was told, our operators have gotten into the habit of as soon as they open Linux they open the tool table and minimize it to the bottom toolbar. In Gscreen, the tool table is built in to a tab on the display, so you don't have to worry about it if using the Gscreen interface.

As for the actual toolchanger issue, after the machine changes tools, does it say what tool is loaded at the bottom of the Axis display, and if it does is it the correct tool, or does it still say "No Tool"?

Are you using the tool turret logic from my ladder program of did you write your own?

As for "run at line' Andy is correct, it runs from the line selected. Our post processor that we use shop wide for writing our nc programs automatically puts in spindle info, coolant, and tool info required, and all of that is always pre-ceeded by a M01 for the optional stop. We have found that we need to select that line with the M01 so linux will recognize all the info in the next line regarding the tool, spindle speed and rotation, coolant, constant suface info, and so on.

I can post an example of one of our nc programs tomorrow, to show how we do it and have been succesful so far.

Thanks

Rick

More
08 Apr 2013 03:09 #32398 by andypugh

It is true that when using the AXIS display that after loading a program you cannot open the tool table editor, it is a bug in Linux from what I was told,

This is most definitely not the case in a normal 2.5.2 installation. Is this possibly a problem with the lathe-style patch? (Though I can't really see how it could be)

More
08 Apr 2013 03:39 #32399 by LAIR82
Andy, I will have to look but I. Am sure I was told a while back that there was a glitch and you couldn't open after loading a program. I will look to see who it was. Would that maybe of been the case with 2.5.1?

Rick

More
08 Apr 2013 06:08 #32409 by LAIR82

That seems to be an issue with the faunc style tool patch. Have you notified the author of the patch of the issue?

John

This is johns qoute from earlier in this thread. I thought he said it was something in AXIS. My bad, but I do know that on our other build that is still using axis ( not for long though) will not bring up the tool table after loading an NC program.

Sorry about that guys,

Rick

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds