New Trajectory Planner - Testers/programs wanted

More
21 Jun 2014 01:28 #48147 by tommylight

Also noticed that when i switch from Joint Mode to World Mode, the max velocity set in .ini file does not aply anymore, it will move above the set speed..

It is possible that you would find better behaviour in the Joint_Axes5 branch, which will probably be merged into master in the not-too-distant future. This separates the concepts of axis limits and joint limits.

However, it may be that you just need to specify a [TRAJ] MAX_VELOCITY as well as the individual [AXIS] limits.

Thank you very much, i will give it a try although during normal usage it does not matter at all. it works perfectly, did a lot of cutting today without a hitch. Will continue to use it and fidle with it every day and report back if i find anything.
Respekt,
Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2014 02:28 #48148 by JZHA1985
The new TP has changed a lot for me as all my parts are better quality, and take roughly half the time to make. If it were to exist a year ago, and cost a few hundred dollars I would have bought it since it's that useful.
Now everything goes so fast jerk comes into play. I'd love to see a Kickstarter or some sort of pool for donations to entice somebody to get jerk worked into the TP. I don't know the policies of so forth so consider the fund raising just a suggestion...

More
21 Jun 2014 03:16 #48149 by Todd Zuercher
I agree, the higher speeds are making jerk more of an issue for me as well. (especially on the wet noodle of a machine I'm working with). I wonder if the old parabolic blending introduced a form of jerk control (besides just making it slow) that may have been helping to smooth some of my machines faults, that the circular blending is uncovering.

More
21 Jun 2014 04:39 #48150 by tommylight
Hmmmm last 2 post are interesting to me since i have a lot LESS of jerking and way smoother corners and especialy much much smoother arcs, then again i cut at 2000mm/minute minimumall the way to 5400mm/minute. I also use at least 500mm/s acceleration.
Again nice to see people using it and reporting here about their findings.
Tom

More
21 Jun 2014 09:15 #48154 by Todd Zuercher
I am cutting at similar feeds 50-100 inches/min, but with much more pathetic accelerations. With the old planner I had the acceleration at 7 inches/ss. With the new planner I've had to back it off to 6 inches/ss. But even with the reduced acceleration, I am still seeing nearly a 20% improvement in run time.

More
21 Jun 2014 09:35 #48155 by skunkworks
we actually tried the new tp on the K&T a few weekends ago.. The acc is around 10-15in/s^2..

with the old planner - the motion was pretty tame.. With the new planner you could feel it in the floor...

There is some work on s-curve planner - but I think it is a long way from anything viable.. (it only does exact stop and has some constraint violations issues..)

the branch is araisrobo-scurve2 in the linuxcnc.org git.

sam

More
21 Jun 2014 15:09 #48157 by DaBit
If the old TP slows down before entering a curve and then gently follows the curve at lower speed because it cannot go back to high speed instantly, there would be less 'shake'. Changing the direction of a moving mass needs a force, with higher cornering speed there is more force, and action = - reaction.

In my case the shake and shudder is less, especially when trying to obtain the same runtime for a program as with 2.5.4 (that needs more than twice the acceleration or a very relaxed G64Pxx).. I am still on 2.6.0~pre RC3 from some time ago though.

Here is a small vid of the new milling-machine-to-be running a gazillion of segments:

Video is pretty bad and more toying around with a new photo camera, but in the end you can see that LinuxCNC is processing segments like crazy. With 2.5.4 runtime almost doubles and when cranking up the acceleration to shorten the runtime the shaking gets far worse.

BTW: when running programs with really short segments at high feeds cranking up the servo thread rate helps a little too.

More
22 Jun 2014 10:37 #48175 by skunkworks
This is robs planner - combined to ja4 (needs some work)

the same section of code running the old planner..

sam

More
22 Jun 2014 11:29 - 22 Jun 2014 11:33 #48176 by JZHA1985
When I mean there is jerk, I don't mean the jerk you find when you cut out a circle with thousands of lines of GCode. I find jerk in the sense that you have a lot of mass that you're stopping and starting too rapidly, thus you get the shaking of the machine. Now you can just reduce acceleration, but from the videos I see from the TinyG controller perhaps jerk in a constraint/mathematical sense might help us.
Keep in mind I don't enjoy higher math, and am just an end user :)
Anyways overall the new TP is past excellent when you constrain your maximum feedrate and consequently the resulting jerk. I get a lot faster feedrates, and it's far less variable so I am very happy.
Last edit: 22 Jun 2014 11:33 by JZHA1985.

More
28 Jun 2014 17:17 #48295 by tommylight
Found another minor hickup, when i stop the execution of a part and continue with "run from here" it ignores the "g64 p0.1 q0.1" that is at the begining of gcode, and it defaults to something like q5 as itnormaly does if no g64 command is issued. So i have to issue an MDI command of g64 p0.1 q0.1 before the "run from here" command.
Otherwise it is for all intents and purposes working flawlessly.
Tom

Time to create page: 0.779 seconds