Touch panel question

More
04 Apr 2018 10:31 #108366 by tecno
Touch panel question was created by tecno
4 wire Resistive touch panel with EETI Controller 5V USB Interface
goo.gl/7h5QGv They say it works for Linux.

Does anybody have any experience of above touch panel add-on that works with 2.7.11/12 ?

This might be at better solution than trying to find a complete LCD Touch screen to a resonable price.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2018 20:01 #108401 by Mike_Eitel
Replied by Mike_Eitel on topic Touch panel question
Hi
That is what i did with my 15" successfully for my now just in work machine. I'm happy, also it took a while to get it adjusted in stretch... See here in the firum my postings.

Probably it is not that controller and not what i bought some years agoo. But i have several small touchscreens for pi and bbb. All use similar 4 wires to usb minicontrollers. And all work.
Mike

More
04 Apr 2018 20:03 #108402 by tecno
Replied by tecno on topic Touch panel question
Found another type all built in a frame, will get prices tomorrow. Need one 15" and 19" wide.

More
16 Apr 2018 09:40 #109118 by tecno
Ordered one 15" for my lathe screen and one 17" to my screen on the milling machine.

www.aliexpress.com/item/Win10-Compatible...4.0.0.3ff01596nH5dbq

102 USD + import duty and VAT and a long wait to get here from China and another long haul to pass Swedish KAOS POST-OFFICE so if I am lucky I will have the shipment mid June or so.

More
01 May 2018 09:03 #109890 by tecno
Got a message that shipment is now in customs, will be interesting to see how long it will take with the chaotic situation we have in our Post-office with 100:s of thousands China Parcels to be sorted out. First you have to pay a handling fee of 75 SEK + VAT and the the long wait before all is clear.

More
01 May 2018 10:35 #109893 by Mike_Eitel
Our handling starts with 160 sek + 3% of value + vat ( only 7.7% in Switzerland)
This calculation is valid for all post transportation.

More
02 May 2018 22:54 #110068 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Touch panel question

will be interesting to see how long it will take with the chaotic situation we have in our Post-office with 100:s of thousands China Parcels to be sorted out. First you have to pay a handling fee of 75 SEK + VAT

Hard to blame them. The arrangement is that local post offices deliver international parcels for free on a reciprocal basis. But how many parcels go from Sweden to China?

More
03 May 2018 04:35 #110088 by Mike_Eitel
Same vor every country .... F.x US.

More
18 May 2018 09:57 #110837 by tecno
Today I have received my parcel with my Touch 'foils' so I hope to have time within a couple of days to run a test and see if I can get these to work with my LinuxCNC install.

More
27 May 2018 12:34 - 27 May 2018 12:35 #111186 by tecno
Everything takes time when you have health issues, been once again suffering from those bloody kidney stones so that puts one on hold :(

Above from painful yesterday.

Anyhow I have today installed Xinput Calibrator on my laptop for testing and voila these touch foils show up as eGalax.

Will make installation on my monitors, that will take some effort as the frames has to be opened and these foils attached to the TFT.

Anyways I am a happy camper as they work directly out of the box. Here a link to my supplier
hainatouch.aliexpress.com/store/group/Th...2.0.0.76af41cf8AIlN2
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 May 2018 12:35 by tecno.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds