Kinematics and Delta Robot

More
10 May 2019 04:43 #133322 by Sockheaven
Ahh you're right.
Once I changed the axis limits so that the starting Z value was within the limits, i was able to jog the Z axis. Thanks!
I think there may be a bug in there because when X and Y start out of bounds, an error popped up to let me know i was in a software limit situation, but that doesn't happen with the Z axis, it just silently fails when you try to jog.

I think i'm ready to set the current limits low and try on hardware and see what else I've configured wrong :-)

I am still unsure what precisely the rotarydeltakins is doing with respect to homing. the start Z axis position makes me think I don't know precisely what angle the hips think "0 degrees" means for the joint.

Hopefully running on the real mechanics will be more enlightening to what the kinematics are expecting for the origin.
Will report back, thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2019 16:24 #135956 by Sockheaven
Thank you all for your help. You guys were an immense help.
Had some distractions keeping me from this. but spent some more time and was able to get it all working.
I even played with FreeCAD and the DXF to GCode converter for LinuxCNC to make a sample 1" circle.
11 second video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/jvZbWctHABSjzXmN9

Looks like its time to get a high power laser!

General Question - about generating paths.
I found the page on the website with tools for CAD/DXF/GCODE generation. I've never done any of that before.
I mentioned before i just took a stab at FreeCAD.

What is everyone else using?
I don't want to spend too much time learning a poor software package, but it may not be worth it for me to invest in an expensive software toolset either.

More
05 Jun 2019 20:34 #135973 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Kinematics and Delta Robot

Sockheaven wrote: What is everyone else using?.

I would like to use Open Source but find myself using Fusion360. (which does at least run natively on my Mac)

Does your delta do 3 axes of 5?

More
19 Jun 2019 15:35 #137292 by Sockheaven
My delta is currently just 3 axis, nothing too special.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds