ISO for a sysvinit distribution

More
18 Feb 2020 11:09 #157703 by phillc54
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2020 23:54 #157908 by twoflowers
I just came across another thing: The html documentation is not included. I know, it's missing on any live CD/DVD, but the PDF is a pin to use. Any chance to include this?

More
20 Feb 2020 01:18 #157912 by phillc54
The latest version has a CNC menu item with:
  • Documentation
  • LinuxCNC
  • PncConf
  • StepConf

• Note that documentation is the online documentation, so it will open FireFox and open the LinuxCNC documentation page.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
    20 Feb 2020 16:35 #158026 by twoflowers
    Ok, I just tested it. The documentation is not quite what I meant: When you build linuxcnc with "configure --enable-build-documentation=html", then the HTML documentation will be available locally, so need for a network connection just to look up the docs. In my case this would be a real winner :)

More
    20 Feb 2020 22:52 #158072 by phillc54
    Yeah, I am usually in too much of a rush to wait for it to build the documentation except when I make major doc changes.

More
    21 Feb 2020 22:52 #158160 by twoflowers
    Doc building is quite fast when you only build the HTML docs :)

More
    21 Feb 2020 22:53 #158161 by phillc54
    Not as fast as if you don't build them...

More
    21 Feb 2020 23:05 #158164 by BeagleBrainz
    You can also use wget to download the docs as a webpage (look it up) and browse them locally.

More
    22 Feb 2020 17:21 #158222 by twoflowers
    I know, but maybe I did not make myself clear: for newcommers to LinuxCNC, the PDF documentation is nice but quite useless. I know the PDFs have been on the ISOs since about the beginning of time. But maybe - for the sake of ease to use - would it be possible to include the HTML docs, too?

More
    22 Feb 2020 22:06 #158243 by phillc54

I know, but maybe I did not make myself clear: for newcommers to LinuxCNC, the PDF documentation is nice but quite useless.

I don't think they are useless but like you I don't particularly like them and I don't use them myself.

But maybe - for the sake of ease to use - would it be possible to include the HTML docs, too?

If I get some time this week I will have a look. My problem is I only have about 300K of Google Drive left so it may be restricted to a couple of ISOs.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds