LinuxCNC + Orange Pi (allwincnc)

More
23 Jul 2021 05:21 #215648 by Bari
1GB of RAM for a smoother experience. Just starting the browser with only 512MB was painfully slow with jerky graphics.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dolence

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2021 05:26 #215649 by Dolence
Yes, I made the purchase of H5 because it was 2 GB and in theory should be faster. If H5 ARISC support is usable in any stage, I would be glad in test and report possible bugs. Also, I noticed the Russian forum is way more active. Would be rude post in English there to bring some attention to this? I'm the only one with an H5 board? I'm thinking in giving up on this board and reordering an H3.

More
25 Jul 2021 17:23 #215890 by Cncninja

More
25 Jul 2021 17:51 #215892 by Bari
They have two different boards posted there. One is an H3 with 1GB of RAM that might work. The other is an H5 with 2GB of RAM that is unknown to work. The H5 is still a work in progress. You would be the first to test either board. Don't know how well they are made and what the problems might be.

More
25 Jul 2021 20:06 #215905 by Cncninja
I ordered the H3 hopefully the pinout is the same. where is the link to the known good H3 load

thanks

More
25 Jul 2021 20:25 #215906 by Bari
allwincnc.github.io/index.html are his latest instructions

More
26 Jul 2021 14:11 #215957 by taylorcmq
Hello my friends, I'm talking here from Brazil!

For us this project will be a great help, because the Mesa interfaces, even the simplest ones, arrive in my country for 2x the value in USD due to import taxes! while an orange Pi PC is only about 57USD!

Is the low performance of h3 chips with 1gb ram a big problem? any custom screen instructions to make it lighter?

Sorry for my bad English!

More
26 Jul 2021 15:44 #215961 by Dolence
Fala vizinho!

I've got an Orange Pi Prime (H5/2GB) for myself. Unfortunately ARISC status wasn't know by me at the moment of purchase. I would like to know how good is the performance with these H3/2GB if you ever got one.
Today I will test GPIO on H5. I wanna make a small donation to the project author and strongly suggest others to do the same. It may speed up the things a little bit, or at least attract some attention to ARISC support on H5.

More
28 Jul 2021 02:35 #216103 by taylorcmq
from what I could notice the support for h5 is not 100% completed but h3 seems to work well, but I'm waiting for some user who has tested to inform something about the performance if it is possible to run and what are the limitations

More
28 Jul 2021 04:56 #216106 by Dolence
I got another board, an H3 this time. I'm having joint following errors and couldn't figure out how to make it work properly. My easy servos are set to 32 microsteps and I'm testing with speeds way lower than on PC motherboard which in theory should be slower generating steps. Tomorrow I will post my configuration files to see if we can figure out what is going on together! Thanks in advance.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds