Parallell Port PCI & PCIe Add In Card Info Thread

More
29 Jun 2021 20:44 #213268 by john11668
I will also report to mods .
Best that they get two sides of the story. Although they are clear enough in the threads.
I will refrain from discussing anything further with you until I have a response from Admins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2021 23:41 #213289 by BeagleBrainz
Basically I linked to your original post, then linked to the posts where I had a dig.
Other than stating that I did want any action taken against yourself that was it. Oh I did request that the report I made to be forwarded to yourself, so you know exactly what was contained. I feel that is important, but very rarely, happens in these situations. Even more so when a user is reporting themselves for their own actions that have caused discomfort to another user.
It was the drinking statement I have issue with, the rest I don’t care about.

More
30 Jun 2021 08:40 #213318 by john11668
Dig is not what I would have called it BB.

More
30 Jun 2021 09:59 - 30 Jun 2021 10:03 #213324 by BeagleBrainz

I offered the white feather there but now it seems to me that if I post any query I am just going to be reminded of that thread .
If this is going to be the case I will have no option than to refer to mods .

Hmmm Maybe it would be more appropriate for you to receive a white feather.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_feather

Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Jun 2021 10:03 by BeagleBrainz.

More
30 Jun 2021 11:05 #213329 by john11668
Can you not just drop it until we hear from Mods ??

More
30 Jun 2021 13:22 #213339 by BeagleBrainz
Nah, I've hit the self destruct button.....and your victim card wont save you now.

I just can't believe you don't get it.

More
01 Jul 2021 00:42 #213396 by BeagleBrainz
Anyways, lets get back to the program.

I have a couple of PCIe cards on the way from eBay for testing, whilst the Kernel module info suggests they will work with debian kernels => 4.9 and mainline kernels =>4.14 I want to try and see if manually loading the parport_pc module is an option for the kernel supplied with Debian Wheezy. This is just in case for those that the Wheezy RTAI is the better latency option for whatever reason.
This may become a moot point as the current RTAI kernel that is being worked on should be good, but maybe for those with legacy hardware Wheezy may still be a viable option.

More
04 Jul 2021 20:34 #213716 by john11668
I did not hear from mods on this but looks like Beaglebrainz did.   I expected (as the newbie here ) that I would be the loser in this.
I am sorry if I have robbed the forum of a valuable contributor . I did not  aim for this . I did try to bury the hatchet , but he  had no intention of allowing me to do this .  All a bit sad really .

But now the question remains about whether to add to this thread .  Will anyone still have an interest ?
Clearly there has been  an ongoing issue but now that our author has dropped out  , is there anyone else wishing to pick up the baton on suitable second PCI(e) parallel ports ?

More
04 Jul 2021 21:30 #213722 by BigJohnT

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds