Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board

More
14 Jan 2024 16:55 #290666 by TimGow
Hi,
Update to above, remora-ec500.hal revised to 'loadrt remora-eth-3.0' (and commented out mpg in remora-ec500.ini).
Linuxcnc starts with only the usual 'Unexpected realtime delay on task 0 with period 1000000'.

EC300 LEDs ON and understood are: SYSTEM 24V, IO COM+ and CONN.
EC300 LEDs ON and not understood are: OT4, OT6, OT7, OT9 & OT10, also spindle INDEX.

Toggling the E-stop turns the 'CONN' LED on/off; is this an indication of proper firmware function?

Now to try connecting stepper drivers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2024 17:23 #290672 by TimGow
Success!!  Thank you Scott and all Remora contributors, the Zenith of home CNC for me is a low power SBC (RPi4) and a dedicated motion controller looking after the step/dir timing.

More
14 Jan 2024 17:34 #290674 by raf1110
I believe all names should match name with chip,board from start:
xxx.bin to xxx JSON config.txt that you upload. Folders with correct files and compiled halcomponent according to board in linuxcnc machine folders.
remora-nv is for NVEM not ECxxx series.
Make sure you use correct repo files correct for your board version/model
The following user(s) said Thank You: TimGow

More
14 Jan 2024 18:26 #290682 by beauxnez
hello,
I found an old version of debian buster I am trying to install remora on a NVEM rt1052
when I run the following command (sudo python -m pip install -U pyocd) I have an error message
    File "/tmp/pip-build-env-slocJp/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools                         /__init__.py", line 162, in setup
        return distutils.core.setup(**attrs)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/core.py", line 151, in setup
        dist.run_commands()
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/dist.py", line 953, in run_commands
        self.run_command(cmd)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/dist.py", line 972, in run_command
        cmd_obj.run()
      File "/tmp/pip-build-env-slocJp/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools                         /command/egg_info.py", line 296, in run
        self.find_sources()
      File "/tmp/pip-build-env-slocJp/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools                         /command/egg_info.py", line 303, in find_sources
        mm.run()
      File "/tmp/pip-build-env-slocJp/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools                         /command/egg_info.py", line 534, in run
        self.add_defaults()
      File "/tmp/pip-build-env-slocJp/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools                         /command/egg_info.py", line 570, in add_defaults
        sdist.add_defaults(self)
      File "/tmp/pip-build-env-slocJp/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools                         /command/py36compat.py", line 36, in add_defaults
        self._add_defaults_ext()
      File "/tmp/pip-build-env-slocJp/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools                         /command/py36compat.py", line 120, in _add_defaults_ext
        self.filelist.extend(build_ext.get_source_files())
      File "/tmp/pip-install-fRSXV5/pyyaml/setup.py", line 201, in get_sourc                         e_files
        self.cython_sources(ext.sources, ext)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/cmd.py", line 105, in __getattr__
        raise AttributeError, attr
    AttributeError: cython_sources

----------------------------------------
Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-inst                         all-fRSXV5/pyyaml/
manu@raspberrypi:~ $

More
14 Jan 2024 18:48 #290687 by cakeslob

Does uploading JSON require remora components installed with halcompile command.
Somehow I am unable to connect to board after uploading JSON config for stm32
This give me error due to incorrect pin assignment

I have try number of eth cables and devices. Since I have uploaded incorrect config I am unable to fix it.
I have uploaded new .bin with CMSIS but JSON config have stayed old.

Please help.

You dont need the remora component installed to run the config tool.

I dont know if there is a bootloader or anything on these chips, but writing the new firmware wont overwrite the config, you will probably need to do either a full chip erase, or erase the sectors where the config is stored.

xxx.bin to xxx JSON config.txt that you upload. Folders with correct files and compiled halcomponent according to board in linuxcnc machine folders.

To a degree, they should match. I dont know all the names for this project, but I am under the impression that the STM32 versions and the RT1052 versions of the board share the same name.

remora-nv is for the stm32 versions
remora eth 3.0 is for the RT1052 versions

as far as I can tell
The following user(s) said Thank You: TimGow

More
14 Jan 2024 20:22 #290700 by raf1110

You dont need the remora component installed to run the config tool.

I dont know if there is a bootloader or anything on these chips, but writing the new firmware wont overwrite the config, you will probably need to do either a full chip erase, or erase the sectors where the config is stored.

Ok I was wrong thinking this would default config but I have not found info on how erasing it can be done. I used MCUXide but not sure if there is option to use when flashing firmware so it remove bad config.
I have been through rpi3, rpi4, debian12 on linuxcnc pc and various repos to look for eth connection and failed greatly to access 10.10.10.10 ip which I managed before.
Now I have no idea where to find problem. RPI repo does not have buster release anymore therefore following manual on remora-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/sof...ry-pi-linuxcnc-image is near impossible.
command:sudo apt-get install linux-image-4.19.71-rt24-v7l+

don't work after all steps above in mentioned manual!

More
14 Jan 2024 21:34 #290708 by cakeslob
Sorry, I must have misunderstood. So you have the RT1052 but you loaded the stm32 json?

Im not firmiliar with the RT1052 version, but if its like the stm32 version, you probably need to do some kind of fullchip erase, but I dont know very much about the rt1052

For installing linuxcnc RPI image refere here. it is premade with linuxcnc installed.

remora-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/sof...ry-pi-linuxcnc-image

do this for installing Rpi linuxcnc, the other section is old and no longer used.
"Deprecated instructions preserved for posterity"

after you have a linuxcnc install working, you need to install the component depending on which board you are running

remora-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/sof...mp-installation.html

then you need to configure your ethernet ip

remora-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/sof...hernet-software.html

More
15 Jan 2024 05:26 - 15 Jan 2024 07:28 #290731 by wazza77
Hi need a little bit of assistance with my setup I'm just trying to test things right now, I have programmed my ec500 and can ping and also connect with Linuxcnc I have successfully fully uploaded my configuration but I am getting stuck with a (joint 0 following error) I am using the ec500-rt1052-DMA.txt and remora-ec500.HAL and .INI from the github.com/scottalford75/Remora-RT1052-c...CNC/remora-ec500-DMA folder and my joint velocity is higher than TRAJ max velocity as it is in the repository.

When I go to jog an Axis I get no movement but my Velocity jumps to 1248.0 and I get the joint following error
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I think I might have resolved this or just found a different issue

Warren
Last edit: 15 Jan 2024 07:28 by wazza77.

More
15 Jan 2024 08:11 #290738 by TimGow

raf1110, thank you

More
15 Jan 2024 08:13 #290739 by TimGow
"remora-nv is for the stm32 versions"
"remora eth 3.0 is for the RT1052 versions"

cakeslob, thank you

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds