Changing the openGL colors in the Axis GUI

More
06 Mar 2012 17:39 - 06 Mar 2012 17:40 #18430 by loboy
Last edit: 06 Mar 2012 17:40 by loboy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Apr 2012 03:21 #19134 by JR1050
I am floored with the changes you made to the Axis GUI,great job!!!!I would really like to change the backround colors and text colors myself.Can you shed some light on how you did it and how.Ive spent some time looking at the axis and and tcl files and Im kinda lost.I do ok with C,but python is new.Thanks

More
12 Apr 2012 16:21 #19149 by loboy
Hey JR,

First, to change the live plotter preview colors in Axis you have to copy the contents of the file:
/usr/share/doc/emc2/axis_light_background
(this is where the color values are stored)

into the file:
~user/.Xresources

then you have to merge it using:
xrdb -merge .Xresources

You may have to create the .Xresources file if it is not there.

Changing the text colors for the rest of the application is a little more in depth. If you have never programmed in TCL, I would suggest looking at effbot.org/tkinterbook/ . I used it a lot.

The majority of the interface code is found in:
/usr/share/axis/tcl/axis.tcl

Read over that code. I can give you more specifics where to look if you tell me exactly what you want to change.

More
12 Apr 2012 16:42 #19150 by loboy
I should have mentioned that what I suggested above is specifically for changing the Live Plotter Preview colors. If you wish to change the background color for the entire application, this is slightly different. TCL is very much object oriented. There is no C, only Python and TCL.

More
12 Apr 2012 19:10 #19156 by toplakd
Hi.

Is there ETA on relase date?

Thank you, Dejan

More
12 Apr 2012 19:41 #19157 by loboy
I have no plans for a release.

More
12 Apr 2012 19:44 #19158 by toplakd
To bad.

Because I think it will be a success, even if it was for sale.

Dejan

More
12 Apr 2012 20:09 #19159 by loboy
I really don't know the process of releasing it and I have only tested it on my hardware. Right now I just do not have the time to figure out how to package it correctly for release. I would love to give it back to the community. I also ripped out code I did not need, and wrote some new stuff. I would probably have to fork it.

If you could give me some suggestions as to how to proceed, I will definitely look in to it.

More
12 Apr 2012 21:33 #19160 by JR1050
Thanks for the response.I would like to change the backround color of the lower box with the g code program in it from white to black and the text to either bright blue or green.I would also like to change the bluish geay back round of the basic gui to blue.

Eventually I would like to put the plot,dro,mdi,manual and tool offsets in their own tab,similar to the way the dro and plot is set up now.It would be similar to the way Fanuc uses soft keys.I have downloaded a couple TKinter tutorials and how to's.The axis file is just plain hard to follow.Thanks for your help.

JR

More
13 Apr 2012 00:30 #19162 by KPA
toplakd wrote:

To bad.

Because I think it will be a success, even if it was for sale.

Dejan

I agree, you've done a great job modernizing Axis, sort of breathed some life back into it. Not sure of the submission process, I think you need to ask one of the Board of Director types here, they should be able to answer that question.

Thanks

Jay

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds