Changing the openGL colors in the Axis GUI

More
22 May 2016 13:25 #74948 by andypugh

It would be amazing if LCNC had a screen editor like Mach3/4 have.. easy to do screen edits and very powerful.

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/gui/gscreen.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2016 19:40 #75002 by loboy
Hi Cheech,

Yes, I modified other files that are linked into the main axis program. One of these days I will sit down and document everything I have done much more thoroughly, I just haven't had the time lately.

A GoToZero button would be quite trivial to hard code in, but you can just type the MDI command G0 X0 Y0. When I parse my CAD tool paths into G-code, I wrote my custom parser so that it would just go to zero (home) on the last line of my g-code file.

More
17 Jun 2016 16:35 - 18 Jun 2016 08:04 #76228 by bladekel
God job my friend. I am waiting your tutorial :)

But for now I need to learn sth. from you.

I need to change place and the size of the G-Code viewer (source view) part of axis GUI.

Can you help me about this issue ????
Last edit: 18 Jun 2016 08:04 by bladekel.

More
02 Aug 2016 08:10 #78284 by chuchengbing
Thanks very much! I want to ask that what is the meaning of this parameters you list ?

More
02 Aug 2016 16:10 #78294 by tommylight

Hi Cheech,

A GoToZero button would be quite trivial to hard code in, but you can just type the MDI command G0 X0 Y0. When I parse my CAD tool paths into G-code, I wrote my custom parser so that it would just go to zero (home) on the last line of my g-code file.

PYVCP can do that easily, i already have it on 1 big plasma cutter. It is just a button with the MDI command to move to zero.
Tom

More
10 Feb 2020 17:00 - 10 Feb 2020 17:01 #156970 by oddwick
I just made it to the end of this thread (twice) and have never been so let down since episode I. I have looked high and low for a gui that is functional and works well with touch screens and doesn't look like some microsoft visual engineer coded on a hangover (yeah, that's a visual we could all do with out, they churn out digital vomit enough when they're sober)

and then i stumbled on this... the clouds opened, angels sang, and i saw probably mankinds second greatest achievement since the movable typeface press. clean, functional, elegant, and most of all a joy to behold. and freakin VERTICAL????? i think i shed a tear of joy... maybe two

And where can one obtain this holiest of grails? oh, you can't. seriously? not even a grail diary to guide one on their quest? nope. it is as if Prometheus said "Hey guys, check out this fire stuff, awesome huh? hey just kidding, now i'm going to go heat my house. good luck with that cold thing, i hear it sucks"

so i suppose now that i shall continue my quest, onward Patsy!
Last edit: 10 Feb 2020 17:01 by oddwick.

More
10 Feb 2020 17:36 #156977 by tommylight
@oddwick
Lol
Thank you for that, nicely put.
Well this tends to happen sometimes in the open source community, take something and make it better and........show the others the finger ! :)

More
11 Feb 2020 02:07 #157000 by loboy
Hey guys,

It has been a while since this thread has been active...

Let me just state that I do not wish to give the finger to anyone. If I did, it was only to show how I cut my finger on a spinning router bit.

I appreciate the compliments on the work I did, but as I stated before I do not know the process for submitting changes or making an easy installation procedure. I do not know the ramifications of installing my work on another machine.

Maybe this weekend I can sit down and take a look at it... maybe... I am in the middle of a pinball machine build so that is my priority right now.

Anyhow, I have to say after all this time my machine is still operating with the same interface. But again that was back when LinuxCNC was called EMC and running on a no longer updated legacy version of Ubuntu. The computer running my gantry router could use an update as well...

My process would be a full overhaul of my machine. First I would upgrade my machine’s computer, then install the latest version of LinuxCNC. Next would be to move my modified interface files over carefully and vet the new machine. That is time I do not have right now.

I just need some convincing and a clear path forward. My other thought was to rewrite it all using some other method than TCL which is what Axis is using. I haven’t looked into the newer methods of interface development for LinuxCNC.

I was in the same boat as Oddwick, which is exactly what my motivation was to redo the front end.

Ok, back to the pinball.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, zack

More
11 Feb 2020 02:24 #157001 by tommylight

........ If I did, it was only to show how I cut my finger on a spinning router bit................

Pictures ?
:)

More
11 Feb 2020 09:34 #157031 by rodw
I have one (but it was my finger not his). Sure I posted it in my spaceship thread.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds