Another tab for WebCam

More
27 Apr 2012 05:24 #19574 by jmelson
Replied by jmelson on topic Re:Another tab for WebCam
andypugh wrote:

BigJohnT wrote:

Yea, it is strange it only happened to me once...

I always have to log back in. The web site remembers me, but I don't get logged in to the forum. So I need to click the _forum_ login button.

Yes, I've had this too. It says "welcome Jon Elson" up next to the null avatar pic,
but "the web admin has disabled anonymous posting", so I have to log out and log
back in. This has happened a number of times when I don't visit the forum every
day.

Jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2012 05:51 #19575 by marzetti
Replied by marzetti on topic Re:Another tab for WebCam
Same here. The automatic login works on every other forum I go to except this one.

More
27 Apr 2012 07:12 #19578 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Re:Another tab for WebCam
Totally OT but might as well add my 2 penny worth!

Same thing regularly for me, I get the greeting so it registers the cookie but I am not logged in.

Found that I don't need to log in, just press F5 (refresh) and I am logged back in.

Using Firefox 11

regards

More
28 Apr 2012 05:23 #19603 by strykerg
Replied by strykerg on topic Re:Another tab for WebCam
psha wrote:

Hm, my fault. emc2 package name changed to linuxcnc so dependencies are a bit broken

psha did u manage ?

I've been playing a bit around with glade and with the use of the camera i managed to make a function i really wanted: rotate the program to reflect the rotated workpiece (i need it for double sided pcb's).

at first i tried to rotate and offset x and y at the same time but i am getting a small offset which i couldnt get rid off (maybe cuz g10 l2 rotates at machine origin?)

so by modifying the files i downloaded from wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Axis_Embed_Video i made two functions. one to find rotation from four points (two on backplot and two on actual workpiece) and execute. g10 l2 p0 r

the other one simply does g10 l20 which offsets the saved pos to current pos.

tonight or tomorrow i will try and post everything here. in the meantime i have a couple of questions to the gurus here:

through glade, is it possible that a checkbox turns on and off the camera? (same as in control) i want to turn it off because when the camera is on, my cpu gets hogged at 100%.

is there a function i can do to reload the current program (ctrl-r) (this needs to be done after offsetting)

More
28 Apr 2012 10:09 #19606 by psha
Replied by psha on topic Re:Another tab for WebCam
no, packages are not there yet :(
hope i'll have time today

if you want checkbox/togglebutton to turn camera on/off - probably I should add input pin for this. at least it's not possible to disable camera from gladevcp panel in axis

if you want to reload program - take a look on gladevcp actions, there is reload one

More
28 Apr 2012 13:54 #19610 by strykerg
ok m8 cheers

More
29 Apr 2012 09:57 #19616 by strykerg
strykerg wrote:

psha wrote:

Hm, my fault. emc2 package name changed to linuxcnc so dependencies are a bit broken

psha did u manage ?

I've been playing a bit around with glade and with the use of the camera i managed to make a function i really wanted: rotate the program to reflect the rotated workpiece (i need it for double sided pcb's).

at first i tried to rotate and offset x and y at the same time but i am getting a small offset which i couldnt get rid off (maybe cuz g10 l2 rotates at machine origin?)

so by modifying the files i downloaded from wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Axis_Embed_Video i made two functions. one to find rotation from four points (two on backplot and two on actual workpiece) and execute. g10 l2 p0 r

the other one simply does g10 l20 which offsets the saved pos to current pos.

tonight or tomorrow i will try and post everything here. in the meantime i have a couple of questions to the gurus here:

through glade, is it possible that a checkbox turns on and off the camera? (same as in control) i want to turn it off because when the camera is on, my cpu gets hogged at 100%.

is there a function i can do to reload the current program (ctrl-r) (this needs to be done after offsetting)

File Attachment:

File Name: camfiles.zip
File Size:4 KB

here are the files. As i said its just a modified version of the ones found in wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Axis_Embed_Video
what I did and how it works:

changed the way camon and cam off works so that it just does a relative move, with an offset which has been saved previously (meant to be used with a fixed camera)
MARK-CO: after performing a mark with the actual tool on the workpeice, this button is pressed to save current coordinates
CALIB-CO: with the camera centred on the above mark, pressing this will save the offsett between the tool and the camera
CAM checkbox: toggling this moves the axis so that the camera is in the place of the tool, or vice versa (performs a positive/negative g90 g0 with the saved offset)
SAVE XYZ wroks the same as before just added a debug so it shows the saved coord.

how to perform rotational offset:
load nc file and install workpeice. make sure there are no rotational offsets are present in the current coordinate system (G10 L2 P0 R0)
move to first reference point (lower leftish) on the backplot and press SAVE XYZ
move to the same point on the actual workpeice with camera and SAVE XYZ
move to the second reference point (upper rightish) on the backplot and SAVE XYZ
move to the same point on the actual workpeice with camera and SAVE XYZ
press ROTATE and then reload the program (CTRL+R) << cant find a way to do this automatically in the subroutine

performing X-Y offset
move to a reference point on the backplot and SAVE XYZ (point A)
move to the same reference point with the camera on the actual workpeice.
uncheck the CAM checkbox so that the tool will move in-place of the camera
press OFFSET and reload the program

i've known glade and oword routines for like 2days now so comments on any mistakes or suggesstions would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments:

More
12 Jun 2012 06:30 #20835 by austin.mn
Replied by austin.mn on topic Re:Another tab for WebCam
Adding a webcam to my plasma machine is something I definitely want to do, but it seems the instructions for getting it set up apply to EMC2 and not Linuxcnc. If I try and get things working for me, I seem to be constantly running into trouble. Is there any instructions I can use to get my table set up with a webcam and keep my current configuration of linuxcnc?

More
12 Jun 2012 12:40 #20838 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:Another tab for WebCam
austin.mn wrote:

Adding a webcam to my plasma machine is something I definitely want to do, but it seems the instructions for getting it set up apply to EMC2 and not Linuxcnc. If I try and get things working for me, I seem to be constantly running into trouble. Is there any instructions I can use to get my table set up with a webcam and keep my current configuration of linuxcnc?

I think the existing instructions ought to work, but with occasional substitution of "linuxcnc" for "emc2"

More
12 Jun 2012 15:36 - 12 Jun 2012 15:39 #20845 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Re:Another tab for WebCam
Hi

I think the root of the problem is the .deb dependencies of the packages, requiring now deprecated files since the switch to linuxcnc.
Looks like the files in pshas /pool dir of his repository were last updated in Nov 2010

If you are comfortable with it, you can either use dpkg --force-depends options or simply download the packages and manually install the elements from them.

A .deb file in common with many others (.ipk etc) is simply a glorified .tar.gz. With a decent file manager like mc you can open it and transfer what you want from it to your system.

If that goes a bit beyond your comfort zone, you might have to wait for psha to update the packages.
He is a very busy chap in the development of Linuxcnc.

regards
Last edit: 12 Jun 2012 15:39 by ArcEye.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds