XHC-HB04 wireless MPG pendant HAL module

More
01 Dec 2014 18:46 #53574 by akb1212

Got the replacement Pendant and it works as expected. Bad encoder on the first one. Just waiting for the patch for fractional scales. I'm looking into seeing if the pendant supports 4 digits after the decimal place.

You also had one with a bad encoder. That happened to me too. It seems they aren't very reliable..... My encoder just stopped working after a few days. Had to return it to get a new...... which I returned ~2 months ago. They have received it and sent it on to the supplier by now, but that is as far at it has come.

So for possible future users, don't expect these to be very reliable. And when they break expect to wait a long time for a replacement. If it's important for you to have a working one buy a spare.....

The low price on these units have a downside!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2014 05:51 - 04 Dec 2014 05:54 #53659 by dgarrett

okay, so, what do you change in the config files to support .0001 ?

$ grep scale README
- jog wheel with variable scale (use stepsize-up or stepsize-down pin to change in sequence)
scales     = 1 1 1 1 (plus/minus factors)
The scale factor for each axis can be set with the scales item.

for example:
scales = 0.1 0.1 0.1 0.1
Last edit: 04 Dec 2014 05:54 by dgarrett.

More
04 Dec 2014 06:14 #53660 by Connor9220
okay.. that's what I did.. but didn't look to work.. maybe I didn't download the updated branch correctly..

git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=linuxcnc.git;a...d0adc5db2138494ce098

$ git branch --contains 56ba56afb

wasn't sure what all that was. I get error: malformed object name 56ba56afb

More
14 Jan 2015 05:29 #54986 by emcocnc
HI Group,

I have an EMCO PC50 mill that I converted to CNC. Everything works fine. However, I wanted to add the pendant so I got the wired version, the XHC-LHB04.

I am completely confused as to how to get the pendant to work on my configuration. Can someone point me to anything that is step by step to do this right? Something like the following:
1. Verify USB driver installed.
2. Put this file here.
3. modify you configuration file to have this in there... etc..

I am not a Linux wizard, but can follow directions. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

If there isn't anything, what step should I take first? I will gladly report on my progress for anyone else that may be interested. Thanks!

More
31 Jan 2015 09:45 #55496 by garulus
Hi. I have same problem as emcocnc. I have my Denford Triac running fine, but I don’t know how to make LHB04 to work. It even doesn’t work with any sample config for XHC. :(
Can anyone make simple step by step guide, please?

More
31 Jan 2015 17:18 #55501 by andypugh

I couldn't even find a manual page for the XHC, which seems like something of an oversight.

Most of the documentation seems to be in the README in the sample config:
git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=linuxcnc.git;a...fa83381b744fb0491c4b

I suspect that your problem is that the device ID of your MPG is different. You should be able to test by plugging it in and running lsusb from the command line.

See if the device ID matches the one in the sample config. 10CE:EB70

If not then the driver will need to be altered to take device-ID as an INI parameter.

More
31 Jan 2015 18:49 #55502 by ArcEye

I couldn't even find a manual page for the XHC, which seems like something of an oversight.

Most of the documentation seems to be in the README in the sample config:
git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=linuxcnc.git;a...fa83381b744fb0491c4b

I suspect that your problem is that the device ID of your MPG is different. You should be able to test by plugging it in and running lsusb from the command line.

See if the device ID matches the one in the sample config. 10CE:EB70

If not then the driver will need to be altered to take device-ID as an INI parameter.

Also the wiki is here
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Using_...Wireless_MPG_Pendant

and the zips of source linked in them have README's too.

As Andy says however, check the model:vendor USB codes as a first step.

I have seen several Chinese knock offs which look similar but may well have different codes, so the udev rules will not work if they differ.

The hal driver can be loaded at the commandline, either in simulation mode or when there is a running linuxcnc instance for testing

xhc-hb04 -h gives some help regards the switches etc

If you post your config folder zipped, hopefully cncbasher will look at it and compare it to his own working one.

I asked him if he would do the same for this thread
www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum...-step-interval#55454

regards

More
01 Feb 2015 02:52 #55515 by emcocnc
I have tried the command lsusb and got back:

bash: lsusb: command not found

More
01 Feb 2015 03:06 #55516 by emcocnc

I have tried the command lsusb and got back:

bash: lsusb: command not found

Found out how to install it. Not sure if you need to be root, bu i was, but I went to the sbin directory and typed:

apt-get install usbutils

That installed it and lsusb works now. That being said, my wiredXHC-LHB04 is identified as:

Bus 004 Device 002: ID 10ce:eb70 Silicon Labs

So at least it is detecting it. This differs from the wireless version, 10CE:EB70 only by capital letters. Will that make a difference?

More
01 Feb 2015 03:44 #55519 by emcocnc
I tried running by ini file, but it won't execute with the xhc-hb04 command entered into halui. :ohmy: I was wondering if someone could look at this? :)

Also, does the XHC-HB04 files need to be in the same directory as where all the machine ini files are?
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds