XHC-HB04 wireless MPG pendant HAL module

More
07 Apr 2015 17:50 #57604 by etnur
The error was in the config file .
Now everything is running properly. :) :) :)

A nice side effect is that I have now learned a lot about EMC² .

Again, a special thanks for your support, dgarrett.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2015 20:59 - 11 Apr 2015 21:19 #57683 by nooob
hi,

i have a problem with the XHC-HB04 iv'e done everything like on the wiki but at one point im stuck, my sample configuration folder from linuxcnc wich should be under the path usr/share/linuxcnc is missing i don't know why so i have no sample configuration.

i have the same problem like in this post www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum...-issue-step-interval

but i have no sample configurations so i can't see what i should write in the ini, but i need to know what i had to add like [XHC_HB04_CONFIG]

can anyone add the sample config. folder as an attachment for me?
Last edit: 11 Apr 2015 21:19 by nooob.

More
12 Apr 2015 05:20 #57699 by andypugh

can anyone add the sample config. folder as an attachment for me?

The sample config is here:
git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=linuxcnc.git;a...2356f7a27fb4;hb=HEAD

More
22 Apr 2015 00:36 #57979 by Gasman
I recently ordered what I believed to be an HB04 pendant from Ebay. The pictures didn't show the model number and the device has taken a while to arrive. The device that has been shipped is an HB03. Bit cross with the seller as the model number is clearly visible on the device but has been airbrushed out of the advert photos. :angry: Otherwise, visually it looks the same as the 18 button HB04.

I have read through this thread and cant really find any reference to the HB03.

Anyhow, can I recompile the XHC-HB04 module with a different deviceID (it is EB6E not EB70)? I presume I need to edit xhc-hb04.cc, make && make install. I am also aware that I will need to change the deviceID in etc/udev/rules.d/90-xhc.rules. I am also aware that I am likely to have to do a bit of button re-mapping.

Am I on the right track? Has anyone actually done this with an HB03? Anything else I need to look out for?

Is this likely to result in a functional solution or am I better off taking this back to the post office for a refund?

More
22 Apr 2015 00:40 #57980 by andypugh

Is this likely to result in a functional solution or am I better off taking this back to the post office for a refund?

I think that it stands a good chance of working, but you might have some reverse-engineering to do.

I wonder if you can find what buttons it offers with hal_input?

More
22 Apr 2015 19:14 #58005 by Gasman
I have recompiled the xhc-hb04.cc with the deviceID EB6E as well as adding etc/udev/rules.d/90-xhc.rules with the altered deviceID. I have had to comment out quite a few lines in the HAL config file referring to extra axes. Linuxcnc now runs without error but the handset still does nothing. :dry:

I have run
xhc-hbo4
from the command line and, after creating the pins, it fails with
libusb error (libusb couldn't open USB device ...)

Living life dangerously I then tried running as root...

A partial success!!! xhc-hb04 now working and streaming rows of data on each button press. Not sure if I need to do anything to stop
libusb:warning [handle_bulk_completion] unrecognised urb status -108

john@john-desktop:~$ sudo xhc-hb04 
[sudo] password for john: 
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.x.pos-absolute
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.y.pos-absolute
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.z.pos-absolute
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.a.pos-absolute
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.x.pos-relative
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.y.pos-relative
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.z.pos-relative
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.a.pos-relative
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.feed-value
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.feed-override
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.spindle-rps
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.spindle-override
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.jog.enable-off
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.jog.enable-x
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.jog.enable-y
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.jog.enable-z
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.jog.enable-a
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.jog.enable-feed-override
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.jog.enable-spindle-override
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.jog.scale
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.jog.counts
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.jog.counts-neg
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.jog.velocity
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.jog.max-velocity
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.jog.increment
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.jog.plus-x
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.jog.minus-x
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.jog.plus-y
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.jog.minus-y
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.jog.plus-z
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.jog.minus-z
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.jog.plus-a
Creating pin: xhc-hb04.jog.minus-a
waiting for XHC-HB04 device
found XHC-HB04 device
libusb:warning [handle_bulk_completion] unrecognised urb status -108
04 17 00 00 00 1B 
04 00 00 00 00 0C 
04 16 00 00 00 1A 
04 00 00 00 00 0C 
04 01 00 00 00 0D 
04 00 00 00 00 0C 
04 02 00 00 00 0E 
04 00 00 00 00 0C 
04 03 00 00 00 0F 
04 00 00 00 00 0C 
04 04 00 00 00 08 
04 00 00 00 00 0C 
04 0C 00 00 00 00

However, I have also found this on Planet CNC - which says that the #_wc_frac is 8bit for the HB03 and 16bit for the HB04 as the former only displays to three significant figures. This sounds worrying to me as I am not a programmer and have not the faintest idea where to look to check this. Even more confusing is that my model displays not 2 or 4 but 3 significant digits!

#_wc_frac - it is 8bit for WHB03 and 16bit for WHB04 ... it is simple whan you look two display max frac part for WHB03 it is .99 and for WHB04 it is .9999 ... this value also have a SIGN bit if value is negarive you must set most significant bit to 1... little example:

WHB03
our X position is: -117.33
we put 117 to x_wc_int
we also put 33 to x_wc_frac
we have negative value... we also need to set most significant bit of x_wc_frac to 1...

Code: Select all

x_wc_frac = x_wc_frac | 0x80;

WGB04
our X position is: -220.3345
we put 220 to x_wc_int
we also put 3345 to x_wc_frac
we have negative value... we also need to set most significant bit of x_wc_frac to 1...

Code: Select all
x_wc_frac = x_wc_frac | 0x8000;

How can I sort out the presumed permissions problem(s), what do I need to do to manage the 8bit vs 16 it words and how far away from a working solution am I? If this needs much more work it is definitely on its way back to the seller!

More
06 May 2015 06:09 #58419 by rythmnbls
Replied by rythmnbls on topic Thanks !
I just received my XHC-HB04 from AutomationTech. I'm running 2.6.7 on an upgraded 10.04 / 2.5 system with a gmocappy gui. After plugging everything in, and following the instructions from the README file in the sample config folder it just works.

So, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved. This thing is the best thing since beer in cans.

Regards.

Steve.

More
07 May 2015 16:19 - 07 May 2015 16:20 #58472 by roki
Hi everyone,

Im a beginner in Linux and Linuxcnc.
i just installed my XBC-HB04 on my machine (Linuxcnc,Debian Wheezy 2.6 Buildbot, Display: gmoccapy).
So far the Buttons and spindle/feedoverride are working fine.
Selecting Axis and Jogging, also changing Scale works too. But Jogging works only in incremental Mode, i cannot make the machine go in Smooth Motion like when Jogging with the buttons on the Keyboard in continuos Mode. When turning the Wheel continuosly the machine jogs like hitting the Button on the Keyboard on and on in incremental Mode.

just normal behaviour ? or has anyone a tip where to look to change this ?

thanks in advance

Roland
Last edit: 07 May 2015 16:20 by roki.

More
07 May 2015 19:58 #58481 by andypugh

But Jogging works only in incremental Mode, i cannot make the machine go in Smooth Motion like when Jogging with the buttons on the Keyboard in continuos Mode. When turning the Wheel continuosly the machine jogs like hitting the Button on the Keyboard on and on in incremental Mode.

This can be a problem with jog wheels, especially if the machine is a fast one with high accelleration.
There is a HAL component specifically for this situation:
www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/ilowpass.9.html

More
07 May 2015 21:16 - 07 May 2015 22:10 #58483 by rythmnbls

But Jogging works only in incremental Mode, i cannot make the machine go in Smooth Motion like when Jogging with the buttons on the Keyboard in continuos Mode. When turning the Wheel continuosly the machine jogs like hitting the Button on the Keyboard on and on in incremental Mode.

This can be a problem with jog wheels, especially if the machine is a fast one with high accelleration.
There is a HAL component specifically for this situation:
www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/ilowpass.9.html

I had the same issue, my mill is fairly small with 350oz in servos, it kind of snaps to each position when the jog wheel is turned at higher step settings. My workaround was to lower the feed override till it smoothed out, but I will check out the low-pass hal. Thanks for the link.

Steve.
Last edit: 07 May 2015 22:10 by rythmnbls.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds