net pos-x halui.axis.0.pos-feedback => xhc-hb04.x.pos-absolute

"pos-x" is an arbitrary name given here which doesn't need anyhing

halui.axis.0.pos-feedback should come from
[HAL]
HAL = halui

Which I put in your .ini

xhc-hb04.x.pos-absolute comes from:
loadusr -W xhc-hb04 -H -I xhc-hb04-layout2.cfg -s 3

Which is right at the top of the same xhc hal file.

So which part can't it find?

Not sure what you're saying #8 in the HALUI is here. I don't see any extraneous "Y0"

You do need to fix the name of the xhc layout file back to .cfg (or just use the stock file), but I don't think that's your problem
Last edit: 09 Oct 2016 20:18 by dannym.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2016 21:42 #81483 by Spectre
I renamed the cfg file to just .cfg so that was fine. If I could do a screen grab or copy the error report it would make it easy. On my Mac its easy to take a snapshot but not on this Linux machine

More
09 Oct 2016 22:21 #81487 by Spectre
I will do some more when I get home tonight to see what I can find. I suppose I can always take a picture of the error file and post it here.

More
09 Oct 2016 23:13 #81490 by andypugh
The error dialog has a "copy all" button. You can just paste straight into a message here.

More
09 Oct 2016 23:23 #81491 by Spectre
I will have a look later when I get home. But I am sure on a right click on the mouse I couldnt find anything...but hey I have been wrong many times especially working with this

More
10 Oct 2016 06:54 #81493 by Spectre
It will not let me copy anything. I have right clicked left clicked...gone to the menu at top left and there is no copy function at all...I am using 2.7.7

More
10 Oct 2016 17:45 #81518 by andypugh

It will not let me copy anything.

Use the "select all" button and then Ctrl-C

More
15 Oct 2016 23:05 #81675 by dannym
How goes the project?

More
16 Oct 2016 00:13 #81676 by Spectre
Hi Danny

I had Sarah help me directly with it. It now works but it really is a mission to get LCNC to do anything. You pretty much have to be a coder. You can put a system INI in that works but there is always issues...having to comment parts out and not run them. Everything is so specific. As much as Mach3 is old and tired and slow it does work pretty much out of the box and reasonably easy to get going. There is not of course anything for fine tuning like you can in LCNC but everything so far has been a struggle getting this all to work.

When you think it all works then you go to make something and adding those new lines has stuffed something else up.... I have issues again now which I am trying to sort out. My spindle I finally got working like a treat..now after this the spindle wont work with the Gcode but does on the MDI...doh now what.

At least the MPG works on XYZ although the handwheel stepping on the Z axis is a bit notchy the X and Y and pretty good atr I find where to adjust the accell values

Mark

More
16 Oct 2016 00:28 #81677 by tommylight
Just to be sure, you are adding Sxxxx after the M3 in gcode, right?
That is the spindle speed where xxxx is. It has to be in hcode otherwise the spindle will not start in auto mode, but it will in MDI or manually by pressing F9.

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds