Gildemeister NEF 480 Retrofit

More
13 Feb 2021 21:22 - 13 Feb 2021 21:26 #198730 by anfänger
So with the new cable here took the connectors apart. The ones on the Chiron were the screw version, so I was a lip bit disappointed when found out the these ones were crimped. After a quick research I found that screw inserts were cheaper than being new pins and fitting crimp tools. But I wanted to move on so I soldered the old pins to the new cable. It took a while but went quite well:

this it was it looked like after shrinking some tube over the soldered area:

and there was more than enough room in the connector so the thinner parts didn't give me troubles when I closed the connectors up.

so after three hours of soldering both 24 pin connectors were done:

This week the leveling feet fo the lathe arrived and a heavy duty skate board together withe some accessories which should help me wo get the lathe moved to her final resting place:

Last edit: 13 Feb 2021 21:26 by anfänger.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2021 21:24 #198845 by anfänger
Did some preparation to move the machine. First I marked the position where I want the machine to be.

File Attachment:

Next I drilled a hole in the concrete to glue in a towing point. The allthread is just there to keep the nut clean till the glue is dried.

File Attachment:

Last step for today was to rest the rear end of the machine on a 1to skate board. And adjust the pallet in the front. Now I need to wait for the glue to cure.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
15 Feb 2021 21:41 - 15 Feb 2021 21:43 #198988 by anfänger
Moved this junk of steel today.

Last edit: 15 Feb 2021 21:43 by anfänger.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotarySMP, arvidb

More
19 Feb 2021 09:37 #199387 by anfänger
levelled the machine yesterday, first with ma normal level then with the machine level:

File Attachment:

Then removed the control panel und spindle cover to get better access for a final cleaning.

File Attachment:

Which is not done yet. I also removed the last old servo unter the oil tank and alle the limit switches. To clean an rewire them if they are still working. Really looking forward to reassemble this old lady again
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotarySMP, tommylight

More
19 Feb 2021 13:55 #199429 by RotarySMP
Making great progress there. Thanks for posting lots of photos.
Mrk

More
19 Feb 2021 22:10 #199479 by anfänger
Thanks, today I got stuck. I just wanted to make some clanup when I saw that the gib of the cross slide needed some adjustments so I pulled it and it was quite gummed up, so I decided to remove the cross slide. So I removed the screws which hold the cross slide on the ballnut. But it didn’t move. So I removed the multifix. A few drilled out bolts later this bastard was off but no further bolts underneath. Then I found two tiny set screws which I removed and it turned out that they belonged to plugs which I pulled then and found two dowels underneath. I tried to pull them but gave up after ten broken allthreads. Which I used with a long nut to try to pull them out.

I also flooded everything with thin oil.

File Attachment:

Anyone a good idea how to pull dowels?

Thanks Patrick

More
19 Feb 2021 22:15 #199481 by RotarySMP
I feel for you. That sucks. My ideas be:
- drill right through, thread the end, screw in a grease nipple and use hydraulic pressure to press them out from behind?
- Weld a stud on and use a slide hammer?
Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: anfänger

More
20 Feb 2021 01:20 #199491 by db1981
usually this alignment pins get pulled with an "slide hammer"

www.contorion.de/handwerkzeug/kukko-stif...wfEpItgaAvNvEALw_wcB

I removed them with an long threated rod, double long nut, self turned ring and used an old SK50 Holder as slide ballast.
I've got them all out and my nef is fully rusted, because of standing outside for more than ten years....
The following user(s) said Thank You: anfänger

More
20 Feb 2021 07:28 #199500 by anfänger
Next try next fail:

File Attachment:

I guess I build my self a sliding hammer or see if I can get in there with my tig torch and see how much higher the m10 rod will launch compared to an m6

Thanks for you suggestions. I‘ll also will see if I can get a m6 grease nipple

Cheers Patrick

More
20 Feb 2021 09:55 #199507 by db1981
i've build this:

but one of them i had to extend to M8.

Attachments:

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds