Mesa 7I44-7I70/7I71

More
01 Mar 2012 20:42 #18241 by cncbasher
Replied by cncbasher on topic Re:Mesa 7I44-7I70/7I71
try just removing the spindle at speed line by prefixing a #

have you looked to see if resolver-velocity is showing any figures in Hal configuration watch windows or any of the resolver inputs
or try net spindle-fb-filtered-abs-rpm => pycp.spindle-speed

need to see if any signals are being picked up in hal configuration so take a peek and go from there

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2012 20:56 #18242 by SRT
Replied by SRT on topic Re:Mesa 7I44-7I70/7I71
I can see the signals in Hal watch.

net spindle-fb-filtered-abs-rpm => pycp.spindle-speed

I have a question about the above, where is the "spindle-fb-filtered-abs-rpm" label coming from?

More
01 Mar 2012 21:20 #18243 by SRT
The way I see it....The spindle RPM window is an add on widget to the axis screen. The custom_postgui.hal is looking for the information to post to the widget or spindle RPM window. Does the main hal file have to link to the Custom hal? I may be seeing it all wrong but to me its like the Custom_postgui.hal file is like a patch.

More
01 Mar 2012 22:07 - 01 Mar 2012 22:19 #18244 by cncbasher
the pyvcp_options.hal is no more than an extension of the main hal file , you could add everything in just one file if you wished , it just makes for easier reading and splitting the readability
have you the spindle widget being displayed ? ,

have you the velocity readout in hal configuration watch window being displayed ? , or is that showing zero etc

if the resolver velocity is being shown in hal watch then the following should give something

net-spindle-vel-fb <=hm2_5i23.0.resolver.00.velocity

try setting also
sets spindle-at-speed False

until such time as you have the readout working

you have net spindle-revs <= hm2_5i23.0.resolver.00.position
so i would suggest reducing the scale factor , it could be the scale is just too high and is actualy filtering out the reading you have presently so the spindle is showing zero

or the resolver is broke of course , so you could try and swap resolver hal config and test that the resolver is ok , as if it was on an axis , and the wiring is correct
Last edit: 01 Mar 2012 22:19 by cncbasher.

More
01 Mar 2012 22:11 #18245 by SRT
I tried the velocity window too, nothing there either.

I am connecting the rawcounts in hal to what? To make this work........It just seems like we have the wrong name for the spindle RPM window.

More
01 Mar 2012 22:25 #18246 by cncbasher
here is a filter you could add

# ---Setup spindle at speed signals---

sets spindle-at-speed true

# Use ACTUAL spindle velocity from spindle encoder
# spindle-velocity bounces around so we filter it with lowpass
# spindle-velocity is signed so we use absolute component to remove sign
# ACTUAL velocity is in RPS not RPM so we scale it.

setp scale.spindle.gain 60
setp lowpass.spindle.gain 0.100000
net spindle-vel-fb => lowpass.spindle.in
net spindle-fb-filtered-rps lowpass.spindle.out => abs.spindle.in
net spindle-fb-filtered-abs-rps abs.spindle.out => scale.spindle.in
net spindle-fb-filtered-abs-rpm scale.spindle.out

More
01 Mar 2012 22:35 #18247 by SRT
You may be ahead of me, I still have no RPM's showing on my screen. The filter will help the Spindle at speed only right?

More
02 Mar 2012 08:02 #18254 by cncbasher
apart from the obvious changes to the attached hal file for hm2_5i23 & then swap encoder for resolver
the attached spindle coding works .

but as far as i ican see you have most of this in your hal file already , so we must be missing the obvious i think
either the resolver is not giving the correct signals or some scale factor is there filtering any reading out
or similar , so we need to know what values are being shown in Hal configuration for velocity and perhaps ( position ) for the spindle
and that counter mode is set to 1 , ( i am presuming counter mode is available for resolvers , i may be wrong ) which would then account for no count

unfortunately i dont have a resolver here to check ,

so we will need to do this the hard way , or a fresh set of eyes !

File Attachment:

File Name: spindle.hal
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:

More
02 Mar 2012 14:54 #18261 by SRT
Thanks for your patience. I am starting to see the hal connections, I am struggling with the names. Once I see the names I can follow them. For instance, what is the name of the velocity readout on the axis panel? is is spindle velocity? S-Vel? S-pos? Spindle Position?

As far as the resolver. If I watch it in Hal watch I can see the position counting once per revolution, the rawcounts, velocity, and counts do count up turning the spindle in one direction and count down in the other. Counter mode need to be set to 2 for the 7i49 card is what I was told?

If I can get the resolver to read to the velocity readout on axis I think that will be half of the battle. I have tried to connect to the spindle rpm display by changing the names to match and the spindle display does not like, a float signal-That tells me it will need to be filtered and I will have to learn how to change the language to resolver talk. I just can't find any resolver examples to learn from.

More
02 Mar 2012 14:59 - 02 Mar 2012 14:59 #18262 by cncbasher
SRT could you post your INI file also
i'm trying to determine also what signals come from the resolver as to values of Angle , position etc
i''m playing with one and only have velocity showing anything

Dave
do you use Skype ?
Last edit: 02 Mar 2012 14:59 by cncbasher.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds