Indramat 3trm2

More
22 Aug 2021 11:10 #218405 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Indramat 3trm2
Where or what wires did you switch?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2021 03:40 #218670 by Sourabh3
Replied by Sourabh3 on topic Indramat 3trm2
When indramat y axis is connected to 7i77 y axis, then as soon as i turn on the power, the y axis starts to move slowly in a direction ( depending on the direction set in .ini file). When i switched wires of x and y axis on 7i77 then the behavior is totally changed. Now the x axis(indramat y axis) doesn't start to move until it's told to move(good thing) but when i jog it through gmoccapy, it starts to move back and forth (i increased ferror). Tried some trouble shooting with velocity tuning wiki but couldn't get any result.

More
25 Aug 2021 06:38 #218681 by Sourabh3
So i did some changes in indramat (p202 i.e. Speed zero adjustment) and now the y axis stays at it's place. But now when i try to jog y axis, it does endless back and forth motion, so i tried to compensate for tacho generator tolerances (p201), this solves back and forth motion problem but now the motor is running super slow. Any ideas?

More
25 Aug 2021 13:58 #218705 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Indramat 3trm2
It sounds like you do not have the drive enables connected or working
There should be no motion until linuxCNC is running and enables the drives
via the 7I77s ENA outputs. This is a safety issue, the drive enables must be
controlled by LinuxCNC.

More
25 Aug 2021 15:29 #218714 by tommylight

So i did some changes in indramat (p202 i.e. Speed zero adjustment) and now the y axis stays at it's place. But now when i try to jog y axis, it does endless back and forth motion, so i tried to compensate for tacho generator tolerances (p201), this solves back and forth motion problem but now the motor is running super slow. Any ideas?

Should not have done that if the drives were working before, setting them back to how they were is quite complicated.
Analog drives MUST move slowly when enabled and not wired to any control.
All the issues seem like wrong wiring of the analog output or the encoder feedback or wrong setup in hal for one of them or both.
Did you read the "servo tuning detailed howto" ?
As PCW mentioned, do not do anything, nothing, before wiring the drive enable's properly.

More
26 Aug 2021 05:04 #218757 by Sourabh3
I kept drive enable out of loop for now, as i wanted to test the things first, and x and z axis work fine without it, it's the y axis only, which is not working fine, I'll wire it if you say so.

More
26 Aug 2021 05:07 #218759 by Sourabh3
I'll back up as you have advised me to. The wirings are done as suggested by manufacturer, and the x and z axis move flawlessly, only y has this issue, i used servo tuning but couldn't get anywhere, one more thing, the x and z axis hold their position, i mean when i try to rotate the screws, they won't let me do so, but i can easily rotate y axis when it's powered up.

More
26 Aug 2021 05:55 #218762 by Sourabh3
So i did wire enable wire, now the drives are enabled via mesa 7i77 instead my manual switch, put my drive settings back to where they were, but the problem still remains the same. 

More
26 Aug 2021 10:58 #218784 by tommylight
Upload config files here so we can have a look and some pictures of the wiring.

More
26 Aug 2021 17:06 #218816 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Indramat 3trm2
You should not be able to rotate the motor without resistance
with a velocity mode drive. You might check that the Y axis tachometer
is working and connected correctly

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds