New project, litehm2: a hostmot2 port to linsn rv901t

More
02 Jul 2024 15:10 #304248 by cornholio
The board name in the conf file is for building the firmware, the developer has a branch for another board that uses a different brand of FPGA, the tools used for the build will depend on the FPGA brand used. The conf file defines the configuration you want for your board, Linuxcnc does not use it.

The actual board name presented to Linuxcnc is buried within the vdhl files.

Towards the end of the gitub README
TODOs
add more boards
use InM and OutM instead of GPIO
make pncconf and mesact work out of the box

Which looking at the latest commits there has been no mention of.

So for the time being one would expect a user to start with the developer supplied ini & hal files and modify to suit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2024 15:29 #304252 by PCW
The base name used in LinuxCNCs hal pins/parameters/functions
is a bit more involved. On Ethernet cards, the Ethernet card name
(LITEHM2) is used by the driver to create the base name.
(hm2_lite in this case)

More
02 Jul 2024 16:04 #304254 by cornholio
So not quite the same when using an EPP or SPI interface ?
Cos I’ve only added the 4 character card name eg “9d60” when I’ve been making bit files for the dev boards I’ve been experimenting with. It’s been a good few months since I’ve done that.

More
02 Jul 2024 16:17 - 02 Jul 2024 16:19 #304258 by PCW
Yeah, Ethernet cards are different, they have an up to 16
character name stored in EEPROM. On Ethernet cards the
driver uses the card name from the EEPROM rather than
the one in the low level firmware.
Last edit: 02 Jul 2024 16:19 by PCW.

More
02 Jul 2024 23:32 #304282 by cornholio
Ahhh I see now, thanks for that. Haven't really looked at the ethernet code (working out the ssreial code for the 7i90 was a journey in itself, but the ethernet code would mean also coming familiar with the etherent chip), for the price of trying to implement that at home it doesn't make sense.

I really I didn't swap from an electronics trade to carpentry when I was a teenager......but being outside and using my hands was a greater calling.

More
15 Jul 2024 21:35 #305281 by dzik
Hi all.
In the end, I was able to launch the boards, what were the nuances:
1. the boards were modified on the recommendation of Ilya Kubakin, there was a nuance with a resistor that caught a track that needed to be cut. I fixed it and checked it several times.
2. why I went to look at the soldering, because the buffers got very hot. and on the firmware from the section called rv901t... they didn’t work, or rather 2 channels worked, after fixing the board, the buffers continued to heat up.
3.Then I went the other way, I found Ilya’s config and installed it on the board, in the config the description of the ports for connectors J600 and J601 was quite clear. This helped to check all the input and output ports, the encoders work very strangely, I will look into it.
4 I need training in creating my own config, I need point Z from encoders, Ilya doesn’t have this written down, only phase A and B
5. linuxcnc запускается после перезагрузки платы и то с 5го раза, не понимаю с чем связано, возможно с тем, что плата не умеет делать перезагрузку без выключения питания. после выключения linuxcnc, запуск происходит в хаотичном порядке, может запустить сразу, может с 10го.
6. . I like the idea of splitting 2 connectors, one for input, the other for output. However, I want to make switching boards, and for example, version 5A-75E with separate groups.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds