Brother TC-211

More
04 Nov 2014 08:15 #52743 by scubasteve1
Replied by scubasteve1 on topic Brother TC-211
1800ipm on an old (1990 at the latest) dc servo system? doubtful but good point, unless the servo drives do all the work regarding controlling the servos and the new control acts like the original. Otherwise I would expect some serious jerking, drifting, or lag.

Not to mention these are 25 year old brushed DC servos.... you dont exactly want to be arcing the hell out of those.

This brings up a Lcnc question here, does the control wait for all axies to reach the "in position" window before continuing to the next line?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2014 21:01 #52763 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Brother TC-211

This brings up a Lcnc question here, does the control wait for all axies to reach the "in position" window before continuing to the next line?

No, but yes :-)

it looks like that, but that isn't what really happens. The trajectory planner sends a new position command 1000 times every second. Those commands are calculated to keep all the axes in synch.

More
05 Nov 2014 18:56 - 06 Nov 2014 04:14 #52811 by uli12us
Replied by uli12us on topic Brother TC-211
The slowest fanuc Robodrill I see ever had a rapid travel of 45m/min similiar to 1800ipm. Ok maybe they have ac-motors, but the machine is capable of this speed. And they are many machines like Fanuc, Brother and others. Maybe they have tiny differencies, but all are more or less the same machine.
Last edit: 06 Nov 2014 04:14 by uli12us.

More
22 Dec 2014 23:47 #54222 by mblaszkiewicz
Replied by mblaszkiewicz on topic Brother TC-211
Well been running the machine for a while and time to finish up the lady bits on it. This week coming up I am going to try tackling the tool changer and getting the spindle to lock again. When I changed from output 2 on my board to 5 I think everything I did for the orientation went away.

1 problem u did have the other night was with irq chat. I could not log in. Any one have any ideas.

More
02 Mar 2015 03:08 #56381 by scubasteve1
Any progress?

More
02 Mar 2015 22:13 #56406 by mblaszkiewicz
Well was suppose to have a machine repair tech over to work on the tool changer. It was beyond his scope of ability so right where I left off. I might get to it in the spring when things warm up. My garage is freezing cold right now.

More
27 Apr 2015 01:48 #58144 by scubasteve1
whats wrong with the tool changer, stuck between stations?

Sometimes the switches and/or I/O board(s) start to get kinda finiky, if there are mechanical switched then for sure switch them out anyways,

More
27 Apr 2015 04:32 #58145 by mblaszkiewicz
I just haven't started on trying to make it work. I have been doing manual tool changes. I also have to get the spindle to lock again. That is probably just a line of code or Two. I just have been dealing with it as is because it works.

More
06 Dec 2016 04:43 #83709 by PABLOSAN2903
Replied by PABLOSAN2903 on topic Brother TC-211
Hi
Help me, buy a brother tc211 I do not have any information, not motherboard, not monitor, not manual, mechanic is complete and everything for the servomotor, I know there is a lot of help, if you can give information I will thank you. Thank you.

Note: I use translator, I hope it is not confusing.

More
25 Oct 2017 14:42 #100795 by JohnW
Replied by JohnW on topic Brother TC-211
I bought one of these TC211's with the good intention of building a servo motor resolver interface. However, my partner wants to buy a crappy desk top CNC as I have taken so long now. I am thinking there are some NEMA 34, 3 axis stepper motor kits on ebay with parallel port control. I know I will loose some precision with discrete steps, but at least it would get me cutting chips better than an engraver. Or would it? 1232oz-in 7.8A/350W motors... Are they about the right size to replace Toshiba RAD01 motors? Any pointers appreciated.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds