Elumatec SBZ 130/01 retrofit

More
22 Dec 2016 19:42 #84569 by Todd Zuercher
Search for info relating to Knee-Mills and Z-W axis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2016 01:29 #84581 by tommylight
Well that was uneventful !!! Just did a bench test of the 7i76e and it took me all of the 25 minutes to have it up and running. I already had the kernel installed on one of my laptops using Linux Mint.
Used the Pncconfig to make a usable config, strange that it asks for parallel port, so i had to manually remove the lines pertaining to paraport and it worked. checked the outputs with a multimeter and they do work properly.
This was on a Lenovo T420S, and i am getting some really bad latency on it, 11300000 to be exact on the servo thread so the card would error after a while. (yop that is over 11 milion). I have some computers that can do 3 to 5000 so i will be using those on the machine.
Now, PCW if you read this, thank you for great products and support, and i have a question: can i connect a 7i92 directly to a 7i77 without a cable? As far as i gathered from reading, the 7i77 should be connected on the other port, not the DB25, or am i wrong?
I am off to watch the Grand Tour (car show) and get some zzzzzzzzzz.

More
23 Dec 2016 02:32 #84586 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Elumatec SBZ 130/01 retrofit
Yes, you can connect a 7I92M ( M for Male DB25 ) directly to a 7I77
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
23 Dec 2016 03:11 #84589 by tommylight

Yes, you can connect a 7I92M ( M for Male DB25 ) directly to a 7I77

Thank you Peter.

More
14 Jan 2017 01:45 #85718 by tommylight
Finally started working on this machine, got rid of the old controls and computer and mounted the Mesa cards. Getting familiar with all the inner workings as much as possible on a non functioning machine, and planing everything humanly possible upfront, so here is a short burst of info:
-motors have brakes, tacho and serial absolute encoders
-long axis has a separate absolute encoder with separate rack and pinion, brake on the motor and pneumatic brake on the rails, had separate control
-spindle looks like having 1to1 ratio on tool 1 so good for rigid tapping, can not check other tools for now
-tool changer has another brake and a clutch inside
-a lot of pneumatic valves, relays, end switches, pressure sensors, clamps etc

After a detailed check, found out that the long axis encoder has "direction" wire, others do not.
So it looks like the serial absolute encoders on 3 normal axis and spindle are usual "clock +-" and "data+-" type, so hopefully they can be made to work with 7i74, and this is the first thing i have to check.
The setup is: 6i25=>7i77&7i74=>7i70&7i71, already flashed with 5i25_7i77_7i74.bit file
---how do i go about using the 7i74 as half SSI and half SSerial? I need 4 encoders and 7i70 and 7i71, nothing more :)

Attaching some pictures of the old and the new.
Regards,
Tom
P.S.
Attached pictures of the encoders, the one on the long X axis is not the same as the other 4, it has a wire labelled "richtung" meaning direction???
The following user(s) said Thank You: tmoeti

More
14 Jan 2017 04:01 #85721 by PCW
I'm pretty sure you need a custom bitfile for this.
I'll try and cobble one together tomorrow, a bit too much red wine tonight...

probably named 5i25_7I77_7i74_ssi_ss.bit
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
14 Jan 2017 12:42 #85746 by tommylight
Thank you very much Peter.

More
14 Jan 2017 17:50 #85763 by PCW
freeby.mesanet.com/77ssiss.zip

Has the 5i25/6i25 bitfile and the new pinout file source code
P3 --> 7I77
P2 --> 7I74 (channels 0..3= SSI 4..7= Sserial)

Not tested, better to test with a 6i25 than 5I25 since a 6I25 can be boostrapped without
JTAG if a non-workin bitfile is loaded

More
14 Jan 2017 18:19 #85766 by tommylight
Nice nice NICE !!!!
Thank you very much Peter, will give that a try tomorrow, now if only i had a simmilar config to test encoder reading.......ah wishful thinking! :)
I forsee a lot of reading.........of a thread here about serial encoders and 7i74, over 10 forum pages long. Oh joy.
Today i wired the 3 phase AC servo drive that drives the spindle to the analog output 4 of 7i77 and made it run on both directions, speed control working properly and working enable. Will move it to Aout5 tomorow as it has separate enable.

Wiring advice:
When connecting enable signals to 7i77, before connecting the enable wires, use a 1Kohm ( i used a 470 ohm ) resistor acros them, it should enable the drive and the motor should start turning slowly. If that works, connect those 2 wires to the 7i77 enable, but wire the resistor in series with one of the wires. That way even if the polarity is wrong, it will not destroy the 7i77 optocoupler.
PCW correct me if i am wrong on the above.
Again thank you all.

More
14 Jan 2017 18:49 - 14 Jan 2017 18:49 #85769 by PCW
Typically you will not hurt the optocouplers by wiring them backwards (it will just be stuck on)
This is because typical load currents for drive enables and VFD enables are only a few mA
or few 10s of mA for small 24V relays

HOWEVER wiring them into a shorted load (or wrong polarity flyback diode on a relay)
will definitely kill them so I think its good to test the wiring with a mechanical switch
replacing the OPTO when first setting up.

The low value series resistor is also a good idea for first time testing
Last edit: 14 Jan 2017 18:49 by PCW.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds