Elumatec SBZ 130/01 retrofit

More
23 Jan 2017 21:37 - 23 Jan 2017 21:41 #86515 by tommylight
Also pid.x.feedback does not move.
pid.x.command does not move
Last edit: 23 Jan 2017 21:41 by tommylight.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2017 21:38 - 23 Jan 2017 21:40 #86516 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Elumatec SBZ 130/01 retrofit
Pretty sure you should be using:
joint.N.motor-pos-cmd
and
joint.N.motor-pos-fb

joint.N.pos-cmd
and
joint.N.pos-fb
are unused
(and joint.N.pos-fb is not even an input)
Last edit: 23 Jan 2017 21:40 by PCW.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
23 Jan 2017 22:11 #86517 by tommylight
Well, they are moving !!!
Had to do several jogs due to following error, but they do move slowly .
I am baffled !

More
23 Jan 2017 22:27 #86518 by tommylight
Checked the joint.0.ferror, it jumps sky high when jogging the axis and slowly fals back. Screen shot of halscope attached.
Attachments:

More
23 Jan 2017 23:06 #86523 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Elumatec SBZ 130/01 retrofit
First thing I would do is set you following error limits to 30 mm or so so you can see
what's going on without getting following errors

Next I would do a plot of a of 10 mm or so jog (ramp-up/ slow/ramp-down)

I would also verify that your scaling make sense with the 4096 counts per turn of the encoders
(didn't Andy suggest that there was a error flag bit in the SSI data stream, this needs to be accommodated if true)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
24 Jan 2017 00:13 #86526 by tommylight
Thank you Peter,
I finished for today (over 11 hours) as i was freezinģ there. Just got home and had lunch ( at 12:25 AM ) , waiting to defrost !
Today got to connect all encoders and test them, all but one working properly by the likes of it ( the one on the long axis i cound not move or test yet ), wired all analog outputs and tested them, all looks good so far, also found wiring for motor barakes and temporarily wired them so i can test.
PCW, i did make ferror 5 and was trying to figure out what is going on, just found more ????? , the feedback looks to be working correctly , but i can not figure out why does it take so long for it to compensate??? Will test more tomorrow and report back.
Have to do a bit more tuning, have P at 20, but Y axis is still oscilating a bit.
More fun ( and freezing ) tomorrow.
Regards,
Tom

More
24 Jan 2017 16:06 #86567 by tommylight
Success !!!
After more research and tuning and freezing, tuning did the trick, now X axis moves like silk. Took 2 hours to tune, but now i have a baseline for the other axis so it should go smooth. Have to double check the encoder scale tomorrow and do some more tuning, if required.
All in all a productive day, not counting the following: not sleeping since yesterday at 10 PM and driving a friend to hospital with kidney pain and helping him till 12:30PM.
Now geting my behind to somewhere warm to grab a coffee and later bite something.
Thank you all.
Regards,
Tom

P.S.
Attached is a screen shot of the halscope running X axis at 800mm/minute. Does 6000 without a hitch!
Attachments:

More
25 Jan 2017 11:04 #86604 by tommylight
Here is the halscope of it moving at 6meters/minute. Does it look about right?
Tom
Attachments:

More
26 Jan 2017 00:43 #86669 by tommylight

Here it is moving X and Y axis, Z has to wait as it needs compresed air for counterbalance. Stil can not move the long X as the cable chain is broken and will ruin the cables inside.
Now some questions
I would like to have it so the machine can not be enabled if there is no air. It has sensors, i have them wired.
How do i go about releasing each brake only when the coresponding axis has to move. This is obligatory for the long X axis, it has a motor brake and another 2 pneumatic brakes on the rails.
That is it for now, will have more questions later, i need to get some sleep, i worked 2 days with no slep, last night slept like a baby, today worked from 10AM to 11:40PM with 2 brakes to get coffee and drinks. Oh almost forgot, got the inputs and outputs wired, added 10 relays, had to solder all of them ( smal ones so no terminals ), wired separate VIN and VFIELD on the 7i70 and 7i71, turned it on, no smoke, me happy!
Next is configuring hal and logic for .......things ! :) :) :)
Thanks a bunch.

More
26 Jan 2017 01:27 #86672 by tommylight
Just found axis.N.unlock and motion.enable. Will test tomorrow ( or today as it is 2:26AM here).
Regards,
Tom

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds