Elumatec SBZ 130/01 retrofit

More
26 Jan 2017 01:37 #86675 by andypugh
I think "unlock" is only available for locking rotary axes.

You might have to spoof it in HAL, set an unlock pin when the axis velocity is > 0, and set motion.inhibit when unlock is true and is-unlocked is false.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2017 14:20 - 26 Jan 2017 15:05 #86710 by tommylight
Spent some 2 hours making this pyvcp panel to check the inputs and outputs and analog outs and spindle. I do not have to bend over to check anymore.
Might be helpful to others who are using 7i77 7i70 7i71.
Regards,
Tom
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Jan 2017 15:05 by tommylight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Masiwood123, ehb

More
29 Jan 2017 16:13 - 29 Jan 2017 16:15 #86910 by tommylight
#net spindle-vel-fb-rps <= hm2_5i25.0.ssi.04.sencoder.velocity
I have to coment this line as it complaints about it not existing!
Last edit: 29 Jan 2017 16:15 by tommylight.

More
29 Jan 2017 16:22 - 29 Jan 2017 16:24 #86912 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Elumatec SBZ 130/01 retrofit
That's correct, absolute encoders do not have velocity pins

For servo axis this is not an issue since the PID component creates the fb-deriv term
by doing a local derivative of position to get velocity
This is also why you should leave the fb-deriv pin unconnected on the PID component
if you do not have a velocity estimate source

To get spindle velocity from position, you must use the ddt component
Last edit: 29 Jan 2017 16:24 by PCW.

More
30 Jan 2017 01:49 #86938 by tommylight
It's been a loong day, got a lot done, so here is a recap:
3 main axis all set and tuned, working properly stoping at 0.000 always,
Long X axis moving and tuned, needs a bit more tuning, brakes working, the one on the motor as well as the air clamp/brake
Spindle working perfectly, but i will have to add a ddt to get the velocity feedback
Played with flipflop's and got the pneumatic clamping working from computer and machine panel, have to add 2 foot pedals
Got the tool changer to move and cycle through tools, not programed yet, have to add a clutch, a brake and inputs for tool possition
Cleaned up the wiring , switched to another smaller computer and fited it inside the cabinet,
To do:
How to set up long X axis and short X axis to act and be seen by gcode as a single axis????? Tod sugested using sum, so will have to figure that out,
Still not clear how to set up carousel for tool changer, namely it has a clutch and a brake, could not figure out how to implement that in hal.
Regards,
Tom
Will attach some pictures of the aftermath tomorrow.

More
30 Jan 2017 06:04 #86947 by Todd Zuercher
Assuming that I've understood your machines configuration correctly, The way I would try this would be to use X and U axis.
I've never played with this myself, but I think the best way to attack it would be with custom kinematics. With the X defined as the sum of joints 0 and 6, and joint 6 as the U axis. The result should be that a move commanded in X should only move your short X axis joint, and a command in U will move your long X axis joint.

But like I said I have no experience programming custom kinematics files and I am of no real help there.

More
30 Jan 2017 12:37 #86961 by andypugh

How to set up long X axis and short X axis to act and be seen by gcode as a single axis?????

The first thing to do is define what you want to happen. Then we can figure out how to make that happen.

Still not clear how to set up carousel for tool changer, namely it has a clutch and a brake, could not figure out how to implement that in hal.

You can't easily do it all in HAL without a custom component.
If you look at sim-axis-vismach-vmc_toolchange that uses the carousel comp to read carousel position and line up the tools, and the up/down/clamp/move sequence is handled by a G-code subroutine.

More
30 Jan 2017 13:32 #86966 by tommylight
Thank you all,
The thing with two X axis is ( i think i mentioned it earlier ), it is literarly a vertical mill mounted on a long axis parallel with X.
Will take some more pictures in a while.
As for carousel, i have read everything on the net and seen the vismach, i have no problems understanding that, the problem is :
I do not want to use clasic ladder, if i can awoid it,
The tool changer is much simpler, as it has no arms or pneumatics, or drawbars etc.
So far i figured out that it needs to activate the motor in one direction (this does nothing at all), then activating the brake will start the turret moving cycling the tools untill the brake is deactivated. The feedback from the tool sensors is all good (it has sensors for tool 1,2,4,8). Still do not know what the clutch does, and i would like it to move the Z axis up before changing tools, but that is easy done.
More to come.

More
30 Jan 2017 13:38 #86967 by andypugh

As for carousel, i have read everything on the net and seen the vismach, i have no problems understanding that, the problem is :
I do not want to use clasic ladder, if i can awoid it,

Which is why the Vismach demo uses G-code only, because I haven't a clue about Classic Ladder either.

More
30 Jan 2017 15:06 #86971 by tommylight

Which is why the Vismach demo uses G-code only, because I haven't a clue about Classic Ladder either.

Well i missed that, thank you very much, just checking it out now.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds