Biesse Rover 18 CNC router

More
10 Jul 2021 12:50 #214173 by Varang1an
Hi, I don't know if you still have Biesse Rover 18 electrical schematics but if you do I would be very happy if you could send those to me too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2021 13:15 #214176 by Varang1an
Also any other info related how did you do it would be nice :) especially configs in linuxcnc

More
12 Jul 2021 23:13 #214448 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Biesse Rover 18 CNC router
You might want to start a new thread with specific questions.

More
27 Nov 2022 20:03 #257759 by Loxley316
Colleagues, did someone manage to bring the matter to an end and you have a new control in the Rover 18. I will be very grateful if someone shares information on how to do it step by step.

More
27 Nov 2022 21:36 #257768 by tommylight
You should start a new topic if you plan to retrofit the machine, you can also add something to the tittle to separate from this one, like state/place/name.
Posting here should also be OK.
-
I doubt there is anything step by step about these machines, just the amount of wiring on those is enough to make some people use sedatives! :)
Should also post some pictures, of everything, including wiring, what works, what not, what has been tested, what you want to keep and what to change, any previous experience with such machines, schematics, etc, etc.
Anyway you look at it, be ready to read a lot.

More
19 Dec 2022 04:28 #259873 by Gurpreet
Replied by Gurpreet on topic Biesse Rover 18 CNC router
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I don't know where to ask this type of question. Found this post for similar machine, that's why posting here.

I'm planning to retrofit Rover 24 CNC router. Machine have six Yaskawa servopack model: SGDH-05DE. Four servo drives are for X, Y, Z & C axis and two servo drives for two revolver type automatic tool changers.

Need advise for selecting the right hardware to control the machine with linuxcnc.

I'm thinking of using the mesa 7i97, but it's out of stock. Is there any other cards available, that can be used. I also need expansion I/O cards to use with the main card.

Any help would be appreciated.

More
19 Dec 2022 11:31 #259884 by tommylight
Instead of 7i97, one of 5i25 (PCI) or 6i25 (PCI-E) or 7i92 (ETH) and a 7i77.
There are other combinations, but these are what i used.
Then add a 7i74 that has 8 SSerial ports (there is another port on 7i77) so you can add up to 9 daughter boards for IO or whatever you might need.
You should check signaling before ordering cards, see if outputs need to be sinking or sourcing, then order 7i70 with 48 inputs and/or 7i71/7i72 with 48 outputs (one is sinking the other sourcing), maybe a 7i73 for pendant/MPG, etc.
There are also 7i84 with 32 inputs and 16 outputs.
And plenty of other combos.
Another thing to check, Yaskawa uses some weird encoders, but if the drives are OK they should have normal encoder outputs.

More
03 Dec 2023 14:26 #287093 by craigs711btm
I have done the rover 15 with 7i97 just before the chip issue. have you made a start now? I had quite a lot of help with the Linux side from a wizard on here from oz. The wiring was a doddle but I did rewire it instead of using all the original as they had been cut so it was easier to start again. with the correct wiring diagram it would be a pretty simple machine to rewire and connect to mesa hardware

More
09 Dec 2023 05:03 #287611 by Gurpreet
Replied by Gurpreet on topic Biesse Rover 18 CNC router
I have used 7i92, 7i77, 7i74, 7i84 & 7i83 as tommylight suggested. I had to re-wire all the servo drives for analog control, all existing wiring was easy to switch over to mesa hardware.  I'm almost finished and planning to put the machine in production very soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
28 Jan 2024 19:44 #291820 by imperial
Replied by imperial on topic Biesse Rover 18 CNC router
tommy, you are next to me, i'm from romania
tell me a price and i will pay for retrofit my biesse 322 and training

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds