Mini wannabe datron build

More
09 Apr 2023 16:40 #268687 by cakeslob
Replied by cakeslob on topic Mini wannabe datron build
Ahh I thought that was a separate machine. Fish are you in the GTA>?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2023 17:06 #268691 by ihavenofish
"Fish are you in the GTA"

maaaaybe? :)

More
11 Apr 2023 02:40 #268801 by ihavenofish
Bah. My pc is locking up after some hours of being idle. Fan goes full speed and screen goes scrambled.

The google says this is mostly likely a cpu issue. I cant be bother trying to diagnose it, so I'm just going to reinstall on a different pc with a new SSD.

Always something. :)

(The crashing pc is the one from the brother tc 225 which is a refurb lenovo. It got smacked around a fair bit in it's travels.)

More
13 Apr 2023 02:12 #268953 by cakeslob
Replied by cakeslob on topic Mini wannabe datron build
I saw your add on kijiji a few years ago, it said you were a few streets over from me on the mountain . I want to buy one of those brothers if you part ways

More
13 Apr 2023 02:24 #268954 by ihavenofish
O_o

Brothers I sold years ago.

More
25 Apr 2023 15:25 #269864 by ihavenofish
Ordered a little 3d probe. Also ordering a new spindle which can magically make one tool into another... :P

Seems to me I should change to probe basic to make the most out of this. Need to read up on how to install that. Looks like I need to install a different linux version maybe? Any insights would be appreciated?

More
28 Apr 2023 02:04 #270092 by ihavenofish
Mmmm shiny

Trying to think up a tool magazine cover method. with this one, i need the rod the cover is attached to to spin 180 degrees. Does just using a stepper axis seem like the easiest way. Probably with a switch to tell it it is open. Everything else (arduinos with rc servos, air pistons, etc) seem needlessly complex.

Attachments:

More
28 Apr 2023 09:59 #270103 by tommylight
A while back i saw on youtube a guy made the lid open and close by using 2 bearings on both sides of the gantry to push levers on both sides, and those open the lid.
That saved a a bit of usable travel and worked perfectly well.

More
28 Apr 2023 17:58 #270119 by ihavenofish
That mechanism is very complicated. I thought of those already cause the look so cool, but, i think for me in the space i have a little motor is best.

More
29 Apr 2023 04:12 #270161 by ihavenofish
Ok, back to software.

I want to install probe basic.

I have a bookwork alpha 2 iso

my understanding is once that is installed i can command linuxcnc 2.9 to be installed, however, the iso seems to say is has no GUI. and ive seen no in between steps.

I know little too about linux short of using it for the cnc to know if there are missing steps here.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.964 seconds