1 or 2 dedicated 120VAC circuits for my CNC?

More
20 Feb 2023 22:22 - 20 Feb 2023 23:21 #264910 by Sray69
I finally got connected to the Mesa board by editing /etc/network/interfaces.d/setup and moving the W3 jumper.

I noticed though that when I left click on the Network Manager in the tray it shows VPN as the only option. I no longer see other connection options. Is this normal? Not that it matters much as I will probably only run LCNC on this PC.

Now I am kind of lost on setting up my ini/hal files. I am running the Pncconf Wizard but not real sure how to set it up. I am running a YYXZ axis setup and I want my home in the lower (front) left corner of my table. I am kind of confused on how I would set my limit switches on the 7i76 I/O TB6 tab. Would I use "X Maximum Limit + Home" or "X Minimum Limit + Home" or "X Both Limit + Home"? And do I need to invert them?

Any guidance on setting these files up and testing my axis's would be appreciated!
Last edit: 20 Feb 2023 23:21 by Sray69.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2023 23:11 #264914 by PCW
What does the command
ip a
report?

More
20 Feb 2023 23:37 #264917 by Sray69
Attachments:

More
21 Feb 2023 00:07 #264922 by PCW
OK that should allow access to the FPGA card at 10.10.10.10

More
21 Feb 2023 00:16 #264923 by Sray69
Yeah I finally got access. Now I am just trying to figure out how to setup the ini/hal files.

More
16 Mar 2023 19:58 #266859 by Sray69
I have finally got the machine running. I have ran a few spoilboard surfacing jobs so far and it seems to run pretty good. I have a few tweaks here and there and some things I need to change but so far so good.

I now want to figure out how to enable the dust collector circuit that I setup. The discussion on how to wire this circuit started on page 5 of this thread. Here is a basic diagram of my setup.

As you can see I have the positive DC going to Digital Out pin 01 on the Mesa card and the negative going to DC ground. I have it setup use NO on the contactor. This way there is no power supplied until I want the collector to run. I want to have the collector come ON when the router circuit comes on and I want it to shut OFF during a fault, E-stop, end of job, etc. How should I set this up in LCNC?
Attachments:

More
17 Mar 2023 01:51 #266876 by spumco
What hal signal turns the router on?

More
17 Mar 2023 03:29 #266880 by Sray69
Actually I still need figure out how to enable that circuit as well. I was going to ask that question once I figured the dust collector circuit out. But it turns out they are kind of connected.

So both circuits are connected to Digital Outputs. I want the router to start either by a button or by starting a job. How should I configure them in HAL?

More
17 Mar 2023 23:09 - 17 Mar 2023 23:19 #266950 by Sray69
From what I could find, would I add the following to my HAL file?

# --- ROUTER-ON ---
net motion.spindle-on => hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.output-15

Not sure what else I would need to do. Like I said, I would like the router to come on when a job begins as well as a way to turn it on/off manually if needed.

Here is a diagram of how the router circuit is setup. See the notes in the diagram for wiring.

Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Mar 2023 23:19 by Sray69.

More
22 Mar 2023 22:14 - 22 Mar 2023 22:28 #267325 by Sray69
Needing help figuring out how to enable my dust collector and router circuits? I was able to work out the wiring and how to hook it all up by the help of this forum. Now I could use some guidance on how to get the circuits working in LCNC.

I could also use some advice on best practice for controlling the router and dust collector circuits. I was thinking of having them come on when a job starts and turn off when a job ends. But also would like to be able to manually turn them on/off for testing situations. What is the best way to do this?

Let me know what info you may need and I will do my best to provide it.

Thanks
Last edit: 22 Mar 2023 22:28 by Sray69.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.683 seconds