Went to 2.5 and now I get 'exceeds maximum' errors

More
26 Jul 2011 12:21 - 26 Jul 2011 12:21 #11869 by photomankc
Here's the whole directory.

File Attachment:

File Name: PM_25MV.gz
File Size:23 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Jul 2011 12:21 by photomankc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2011 23:53 #11975 by andypugh
I just got back to this. I don't see the problem with the emc2 test pattern. Could you post a troublesome G-code file too?

(And a warning, I probably won't get to this again before Sunday now)

More
29 Jul 2011 01:49 - 29 Jul 2011 01:50 #11976 by photomankc
Here's one that does it:

No worries on time, I'm working around it, it's just annoying.

File Attachment:

File Name: 01_X_Axis_...Side.ngc
File Size:18 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Jul 2011 01:50 by photomankc.

More
30 Jul 2011 23:32 #12037 by jmelson
Well, in your PM-25MV.ini file, I see your Y axis limits are set to
MIN_LIMIT = -0.005
MAX_LIMIT = 6.550

But, in the posted file I saw Y coordinates of Y=-0.667 or so, which clearly exceeds -0.005

Jon

More
30 Jul 2011 23:45 #12039 by photomankc
No. The ini positions are machine coordinates not work coordinates. My work is not relative to the front left corner of the machine table. It's relative to the rear left corner of the work in the vice. I can set my G92 position and MDI to any position in that file and not exceed my physical limits.... I did actually machine the part so it's not a matter of exceeding the workspace.

More
31 Jul 2011 22:34 #12066 by BigJohnT
I've noticed that with my 2.5 and just widened out the soft limits a smidgen and it goes away...

John

More
01 Aug 2011 13:44 #12084 by photomankc
John,

If I bump my soft limits up any more they won't prevent contact with the ball-nut to the base slot. There is no more Y travel to be had and I don't have limit switches... yet. It does go away if I give it several inches more Y but that then means the soft limits are not useful and I never planned to have positive limits anyway, just home/negative shared limits.

More
01 Aug 2011 13:48 #12085 by BigJohnT
When the soft limits are correct and you press "run anyway" does it go ahead and run? I suspect it is a bug in Axis somewhere when it calculates the envelope as I never get that error when using haui.program.run.

I still have to pay attention to the warning as I do make mistakes from time to time when touching off...

John

More
01 Aug 2011 13:50 #12086 by BigJohnT
Also, when running a program the trajectory planner or something checks for out of bounds and stops before that line is ran...

John

More
01 Aug 2011 15:31 #12091 by photomankc
Oh yeah, it makes the part and never faults out on any line of the code with an actual limit exceeded. It definitely feels like a bug somewhere in the offsets calculation. It only happens if there are tool change lines that call up offsets from the tool table. Run it with no tool or no offsets and you'll never get a warning. It's not a the show stopper I thought at first but it is annoying. I just do as you say and check the display carefully to see if it's going to go too far in Y for real or not.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds