LinuxCnc with Copley controls-Stepnet ST3-055-04?

More
07 Feb 2013 05:46 #29738 by andypugh

I was looking into the Gecko Drive - www.geckodrive.com/geckodrive-step-motor-drives/g540.html
Will this controller have any problems with Nema 8 stepper motors since the stage has Nema 8 stepper motors?

I can't see the drive having any problems with the motors, but I can definitely see the motors having a problem with the drive, though it does say that the minimum current is zero amps. You would want to make sure that you had the correct current-set resistor, and there are probably many much smaller and cheaper drives capable of running your motors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: varun0421

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2013 06:04 #29739 by varun0421
"You would want to make sure that you had the correct current-set resistor"

I have a variable DC power supply from which has a range of 10-30 V DC and 0-3 amps. Will this fix the problem?

Also can you please suggest a few controllers which can drive the Nema 8 motors?

Thank You

More
07 Feb 2013 17:08 #29755 by andypugh

"You would want to make sure that you had the correct current-set resistor"
I have a variable DC power supply from which has a range of 10-30 V DC and 0-3 amps. Will this fix the problem?

No, you need to set the drive to the right current for the motors. That also requires knowing what the right current for the motors is...[/quote]

Also can you please suggest a few controllers which can drive the Nema 8 motors?

I am no expert on the subject, but www.pololu.com/catalog/product/2131 might be appropriate.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds