Urgent help required with EMC please

More
17 Aug 2016 15:36 #78945 by andypugh

So you are sure even my previous comp is installed, it will not do any trouble or interfere with my current if I do not load it with hal file, yes?

Absolutely sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sxyuklad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2016 15:37 #78946 by sxyuklad
Andy, I believe you missed one post of mine.

So "setp timedelay.0.delay 5"

If I change that number "5" to say 3, the delay will be 3 secs instead of 5, true?

More
17 Aug 2016 15:38 #78947 by andypugh
The following user(s) said Thank You: sxyuklad

More
17 Aug 2016 15:39 #78948 by sxyuklad
Alright, then I think I just leave them installed for now and just make sure they are not being loaded or started in hal file and I do not need to worry about deleting .ko files. I will see it later but it is a very important info that you shared.

More
17 Aug 2016 15:48 #78949 by sxyuklad
Thank you very much Todd and Andy. After explanations from both of you, I have a solid grip on how this comp is actually working. I am going to start rewriting my comp avoiding any inefficient statements like goto and all that and I am very positive, it will work this time. Fingers crossed. I will share the results, wish me luck.

More
17 Aug 2016 16:24 #78952 by cncbasher
looks like Andys managed to drop in , before i could , so you should be able to get a grip with it ,
working with Hal realtime , is totally different to working with windows ! ( yuk! ) lol .

the best way is to work with status flags , rather than goto's or sometimes even loops , case loops tend to run faster too
glad you have managed so far , it's not always possible for me to monitor the forums , so sometimes a quick mail will draw may attention ,
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, sxyuklad

More
17 Aug 2016 17:31 #78954 by sxyuklad
Hi cncbasher

Yes, they both have been so kind to teach me the stuff I was confused about. I am hoping I can alter the original comp much better now. Just in case please go through the codes and any suggestions, I will highly value them since it is your comp that I am going to try altering. Well, it says you helped ArcEye to develop it.

So what you mean to say goto statements make system busy. Now the configuration or the physical setup you wrote the comp originally for had 3 sensors and the position can easily be detected with SWITCH and IF statements. Well, I have two sensors so as said previously, one is dedicated to index or mark tool # 1. The only left sensor is basically for making a counter, whenever it detects a slot (on physical disc to mark every tool), technically it should increment 1 to the counter, that is the only way to determine the tool position. Now, in my case I cannot think of a way to make it work with SWITCH statement. The only way I think is WHILE loop, so it stays there waiting for the input to go high, increment +1 and then stay on input low again, then again on input high it increment +1 again and so on till it matches the number with requested tool. Hope this clarified in detail how it is actually working. Can you please go through my code that I shared earlier and look where I am holding the code at WHILE statements, do you think they are the cause for my system freez or slow down latency error stuff or it was goto statements? And you will be in a much better position when you study my WHILE loops and then you know what I am trying to achieve so I hope after that you will be in a position to tell me any alternative to WHILE statements.

I really appreciate your help and any input I can get from you. Thank you.

More
17 Aug 2016 19:44 #78956 by tommylight

looks like Andys managed to drop in , before i could , so you should be able to get a grip with it ,
working with Hal realtime , is totally different to working with windows ! ( yuk! ) lol .

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: @ yuk
Just had to
Tom

More
17 Aug 2016 21:40 #78960 by sxyuklad
Spent hours programming the ATC again and as usual compiling errors. Can anyone please have a quick look at the comp file attached and point out where the error is? I have gone through it so many times, cannot see any. The error screenshot is also attached. I cannot understand what it is trying to say or where in the file it is pointing the errors.

One thing I am sure about is, it is the comp file, because other comps are compiling fine so it has to be something within this file.
Attachments:

More
17 Aug 2016 21:46 #78961 by sxyuklad
sorry wrong screenshot. here it is again
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds