LinuxCNC/Machinekit on i.MX6 board

More
22 Oct 2021 14:44 #223924 by andypugh
If you ./configure --with-realtime=uspace then LinuxCNC _should_ detect the Xenomai kernel and build against it.

It certainly used to work as I have done it (on the Udoo board)

I thought that perhaps this commit removed Xenomai support:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/commit/6f28...5d5904ffec3998a833ef
But it states otherwise

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2021 01:21 #223970 by SummerLotus
It seems that it may indeed be what you said.
It is worth mentioning that I did fail to build using the master branch. I am now building under the 2.8 branch.
I manually compiled the kernel and driver. It seems that I installed the header files correctly (I copied the header files after patching to the /usr/share directory).
About the header files, I also tried to use the --with-kernel-headers option configuration, but Doesn't seem to work.
I used the method of compiling the deb package for the xenomai-related files and installed them to the system correctly.

I will continue to try and research. Thank you very much for your guidance~ If there are any new developments or problems, I will continue to discuss with you. thank you very much.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
24 Oct 2021 23:14 #224139 by andypugh
In a different thread some investigation suggested that LinuxCNC is looking for the existence of a xeno-config command.

What happens if you type "xeno-config" at the command line?

More
26 Oct 2021 06:21 #224333 by SummerLotus

In a different thread some investigation suggested that LinuxCNC is looking for the existence of a xeno-config command.

What happens if you type "xeno-config" at the command line?

I’m sorry, I replied to this post~ I mistakenly thought that I had replied to you~
How build Linuxcnc with xenomai3? - LinuxCNC

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds