LinuxCNC/Machinekit on i.MX6 board

More
26 Dec 2017 14:47 #103654 by andypugh
I would expect a different message if Xenomai was being used.
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/af15a4...pace_xenomai.cc#L171

But, I really don't know the details. I think that you need to ask on the mailing list, where it might come to the attention of the chap who addd Xenomai support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2017 11:50 #103744 by savoyyang
In ~Document/linuxcnc-dev/ , I use grep -nR "uspace_xenomai.cc" * ,can't find anything in source code, Linuxcnc did not actually call this document.So I found a problem, git clone source code (Submakefile) did not include xenomai configuration, then I downloaded. Zip source code Submakefile) there are configuration on xenomai, so I use. Zip source code to install.

Use ./autogen -> ./configure --with-realtime-uspace, success, but there has been repeated make ./autogen and ./configure --with-realtime-uspace (checking and checking ... ), Did not stop for a long time, what is the problem?

I tried to replace it with ./configure --with-realtime-xenomai, but when make appeared: Makefile.inc must specify RTPREFIX and other variables.
I google it seems to need a header forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc...ust-specify-rtprefix

More
27 Dec 2017 12:10 #103747 by andypugh
I really don't know, and think you need to ask the people who do know.

More
21 Oct 2021 02:22 #223749 by SummerLotus
Hello, can you share your detailed compilation steps?
I followed your steps to compile and encountered a lot of errors that the header file could not be found
> git clone git://github.com/linuxcnc/linuxcnc.git linuxcnc-dev
> cd linuxcnc-dev
> git checkout v2.8.0-pre1
> git checkout -b myv2.8.0 v2.8.0-pre1

cd linuxcnc-dev/src
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-realtime=uspace
make

error is:
rtapi/uspace_rtapi_app.cc:38:10: fatal error: sys/io.h: No such file or directory

More
21 Oct 2021 03:31 #223763 by rodw
thats a standard C header file. Nothing to do with linuxcnc. It should exist.  have you installed build-essentials? Is the include path set for gcc?

More
21 Oct 2021 08:48 #223798 by SummerLotus
Do I need to configure some additional things through configure? For example, the header file directory?
When I just use the default branch, everything compiles without problems~

More
21 Oct 2021 15:11 #223823 by andypugh
Which kernel are you running?

It sounds like you need the kernel headers package (LinuxCNC needs this to link to the kernel modules)

I can point you at the right one, but we need the output of the terminal command "uname -a" to know what is needed.

More
22 Oct 2021 01:13 #223863 by SummerLotus
Hello,
You can see more details in this post
www.forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linu...nuxcnc-with-xenomai3

Kernel is:
>> Linux debian10 5.4.70-xeno3 #3 SMP PREEMPT Sat Oct 16 13:37:44 UTC 2021 aarch64 GNU/Linux

The kernel is compiled manually by myself.

More
22 Oct 2021 11:08 #223903 by andypugh
Where is the kernel source that you compiled from?
If it is in /usr/src then I would expect the system to find it.
You might need to clear any working files from the root of /usr/src and might need a symlink linux->yourpatchedkernel

More
22 Oct 2021 12:40 #223913 by SummerLotus
Yes. This kernel is patched by ipipe and xenomai cobalt by myself.
I don't know if it is because I am using xenomai-3.2. Does LinuxCNC support xenomai3?
My purpose is to compile linuxcnc under xenomai3, but no matter how I try, he always tells me "Using POSIX non-realtime".
I just want to compile a real-time linuxcnc under the kernel of xenomai-cobalt, so I try any possible configuration options I find, including switching to the specified branch mentioned in this post.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds