Anybody using a thermal dynamics CM 52?

More
30 Sep 2019 08:44 #146693 by tommylight
Can the hys go lover, i can not recall ?
Are you using the ARCOK signal from the proma and does it work properly ? Setting the HU to something like 150 to 160 would be better for some plasma cutters, but if it working, leave it as is.
Also check if the torch is at 90 degrees on all sides, tapered edges are always caused by that or bad nozzles.
You should do some testing with various feed rates while cutting, that changes the cut quality a lot.
Find a welding helmet and see if the torch is roughly 1 to 2mm above the metal while cutting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TexasCNC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2019 10:57 #146705 by rodw
The plasma primer has a diagram showing what causes bevel cuts (releated to cut height)

But you don't say how thick the material is you are cutting. I cut a fair bit at 40 amps with my TD A120 but mostly 2mm

Also check your manual and make sure you are cutting in the right direction. If the swirl is going the wrong way, it can cause a bevel.

More
01 Oct 2019 03:46 #146779 by TexasCNC
Arc ok was fine I think what I was worry about was that the threshold of the plus and minus on the voltage when I was cutting and had the voltage set at 94v it would be fluctuating plus and minus 6-8v

More
01 Oct 2019 03:49 #146780 by TexasCNC
I saw on another thread that the cut direction was important also and I didn’t know that and I went to check sheetcam and it was cutting counter clockwise on outside cuts and clock wise on inside cuts. I changed my direction but didnt have time to test some cuts. I will check to see my squareness on my torch I am using the hand torch so it will be a task to check but I will see if I can. I am getting bevel cuts on any material I put on it from 1/4 10g 14g

More
02 Oct 2019 04:16 #146851 by TexasCNC
I got it figure out the cut direction was the fix I had it backwards and I raised the voltage on the thc man what a difference it made thanks a lot for the pointers on this.
Attachments:

More
02 Oct 2019 04:21 #146852 by phillc54
I'm glad you got it sorted, good work.

More
02 Oct 2019 04:23 #146853 by rodw
Great work. We've all been through a learning curve ... I got caught the same way.

More
04 Oct 2019 01:15 #147058 by TexasCNC
Is there a way to move the part or drawing that gets imported on linuxcnc to move to 0/0? The drawings are setting 2 inches X and 2 inches Y. so when I am cutting a part out it runs out of material but I should theoretically have enough but linuxcnc doesn’t put part on 0/0. Any ideas or a setting I can change?

More
04 Oct 2019 01:19 #147059 by phillc54
Your CAM program should be setting up the coordinates. Can you post the start of a typical GCode file up until the first M3.

More
04 Oct 2019 02:08 #147072 by TexasCNC
Here is a pic

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds