Hopefully I can post this here. Design program

More
12 Sep 2020 20:50 - 12 Sep 2020 20:50 #181926 by Aldenflorio
I’m having a bit of trouble with inkscape. I tried free as and it was kinda weird to learn so I looked some thing up about it and there were several who suggested Inkscape instead of free as for plasma cutters. What do I need to do to make Inkscape be able to convert to g-code?
Last edit: 12 Sep 2020 20:50 by Aldenflorio.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2020 22:10 #181938 by tommylight
Extensions menu>gcodetools>tool library=choose plasma>apply>OK
Extensions menu>gcodetools>path to gcode>apply>OK>close
After tools library has been applied, use the text tool to edit and set the feed rate and remove the first 3 lines before M3 and the two lines under it. This has to be done for every drawing, or gcodetools.py has to be edited
On the path to gcode menu, choose the last tab and edit the folder where the gcode is to be saved, then choose the first tab and save. This has to be done only once.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aldenflorio

More
18 Sep 2020 00:22 - 18 Sep 2020 00:27 #182593 by Aldenflorio
I’m having some trouble. Is this right?

Set to plasma (done once)

Select drawings

Path to gcode

Set scale reference

Remove all lines besides m3 in the middle text box

Then Extensions > Gcodetools > Path to gcode > Preferences (edit folder location and name, some once) > Path to Gcode > Apply (which saves it to the folder)

If that’s correct then I’ve been doing it right. But it’s not working. Right now I just made a line so I can calibrate speed and all for a good cut. But when I save the file it doesn’t show up as an option to open in Linux so I have to widen the file type by doing all files. Then when I click the file nothing shows up

Also I just finished setting up plasmac. So does anything change with that or is that why I removed the m lines?

How do I make sure I have the must updated Inkscape?
Last edit: 18 Sep 2020 00:27 by Aldenflorio.

More
18 Sep 2020 00:33 #182595 by tommylight
Open Inkscape, go to "help" menu and click on "about". What does it say?
Have a look at this, there is what should remain after the plasma tool is applied :
The following user(s) said Thank You: Himarc3D

More
18 Sep 2020 01:10 #182598 by Himarc3D
You really are nice person. Help everyone, i wish your best in all senses, Tommy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
18 Sep 2020 01:29 - 18 Sep 2020 01:50 #182599 by Aldenflorio
It says Inkscape 0.92, draw freely. The thing I hadn’t done was set it to parameterized gcode. It still doesn’t show up in until I make it all files. Now when i open it though it does show the line. But when I click go it says program exceeds machine max on z axis. Also the measurements are off

Edit: I edited the safe hight for the z axis so now it doesn’t say that it exceeds z max. But when I click for it to do the design the z axis doesn’t use the floating switch. It just moves down a bit
Last edit: 18 Sep 2020 01:50 by Aldenflorio. Reason: I did some stuff

More
18 Sep 2020 14:08 - 18 Sep 2020 14:08 #182650 by Aldenflorio
I thought plasmac was suppose to take over the z axis and require no gcode though.
Last edit: 18 Sep 2020 14:08 by Aldenflorio.

More
18 Sep 2020 14:58 #182653 by tommylight
PlasmaC has a filter that removes everything related to Z axis when you open the Gcode.

More
18 Sep 2020 15:01 - 18 Sep 2020 15:02 #182654 by Aldenflorio
Why might it be that The z axis isn’t doing what it’s suppose to then? When I load the preexisting examples files in linux the z axis works fine, using the floating switch that is.

Along with that when I load up the design form inkscape the dimensions are wrong

Oh btw I’m using Inkscape 0.92 draw freely
Last edit: 18 Sep 2020 15:02 by Aldenflorio.

More
18 Sep 2020 15:09 #182655 by tommylight

Along with that when I load up the design form inkscape the dimensions are wrong

You are working with pixels, on the right side of the dimensions and origin entries there is a px drop down menu, choose mm.

Unzip the attached file and copy it to
/usr/share/inkscape/extensions
you need sudo privileges to copy that.
Do make a backup of the existing file.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds