Re:pncconf - feature requests

More
07 Sep 2016 02:49 - 07 Sep 2016 02:50 #80108 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic pncconf - feature requests
It works simply because hm2_5i25.0.encoder.00.count is a S32 pin that exists
(but is still a wrong connection since that's the spindle encoder not the MPG encoder)

You will not be able to connect to the MPG encoder pin ( hm2_5i25.0.7i76.0.0.enc0.count )
until you enable mode 2 and 7I76 field power is on (since the pin will not exist)

So the pncconf hal code is correct, but it has not generated the proper driver command line to enable mode 2
on the 7I76.

Did you try fixing the driver command line by editing the HAL file?
Last edit: 07 Sep 2016 02:50 by PCW.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2016 03:27 #80111 by calvin.d
Replied by calvin.d on topic pncconf - feature requests
yes, i can make the change by hand then

in the hal viewer, there is now 2 encoders under the 7i76 component

this is the correct line to get the encoder to read correctly
net joint-selected-count <= hm2_5i25.0.7i76.0.0.enc0.count

but now, the encoder is reading but the scale is way off, it is like 20 revolutions of the mpg to the mm and i am not sure why

I am attaching the config as it stands now, with those 2 changes made

Thank You
Calvin
Attachments:

More
25 Sep 2016 13:44 #80904 by heathmanc
I personally would like to see the 4i65 and 4i69 implemented into pncconf. I am not really savvy when it comes to editing files. I do have my 4i65 working, but only because I set up the file for 5i20 and then go back and rename everything!

Charles

More
05 May 2017 10:47 - 05 May 2017 10:50 #92690 by rotwang
Replied by rotwang on topic pncconf - feature requests
Add to the GUI interface select radio-buttons one that says "Custom" then for this selection have PNCConf output a single line "#include custom.inc" instead of its usual GUI setup text. Then I can go back to PNCConf to refine my pin assignments without having to keep re-editing the generated .ini file every time.
Roger
PS -- If anyone ever got around to teaching PNCConf about the 7i73 I'd be a happy man.

PPS -- More complicated this one
Taking the 7i76 for an example (as that's what I have) the TB2 thru TB6 tabs work in terms of the functional blocks of the 7i76.
It would be more useful if they worked in terms of the physical terminal blocks, in other words the TB2 tab would have 24 rows, numbered 1 to 24 corresponding to the physical terminals, likewise for the other tabs. Pins with fixed assignments, like +5v and GND would be non-editable, like wise for step- and dir- as they are fixed inverses of step+ and dir+.
In addition a print facility, (this could be just a csv file, which I can then format and print) which would list in three columns,the terminal number, the logical function and the full name of the generated hal pin, would mean I can then document the complete wiring schedule for my machine and know that will always correspond to the hal setup. If this is feasible and/or of interest I can mock-up the sort of output I have in mind.
Last edit: 05 May 2017 10:50 by rotwang. Reason: Added afterthought about csv file

More
05 May 2017 12:34 #92701 by tommylight
Some minor issues i noticed last night regarding pncconfig and 7i76E sttings:
Max velocity in Axis gui stays at 1500mm/m no matter what you set in pncconfig
_scale is set at 50000 although in stepconfig it shows as 640 in my case, 5mm pitch balscrews 16 microsteps, has to be edited manualy or ends up giving joint folowing error.
Spindle speed max at 10000 rpm, has to be set manualy to 24000 in my case.
Default acceleration at 750mm/mm/s is to much for most machines, it is exactly what i need for my plasma cutter.
Will do more reseach tonight and report back, also might give it a try at fixing this.
Thank you very much to whoever made pncconfig and stepconf and......everything.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
06 May 2017 00:34 #92723 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic pncconf - feature requests

Some minor issues i noticed last night regarding pncconfig and 7i76E sttings:
Max velocity in Axis gui stays at 1500mm/m no matter what you set in pncconfig
_scale is set at 50000 although in stepconfig it shows as 640 in my case, 5mm pitch balscrews 16 microsteps, has to be edited manualy or ends up giving joint folowing error.
Spindle speed max at 10000 rpm, has to be set manualy to 24000 in my case.
Default acceleration at 750mm/mm/s is to much for most machines, it is exactly what i need for my plasma cutter.
Will do more reseach tonight and report back, also might give it a try at fixing this.
Thank you very much to whoever made pncconfig and stepconf and......everything.

What version are you talking of please?
Chris M

More
06 May 2017 00:44 #92724 by cmorley

Add to the GUI interface select radio-buttons one that says "Custom" then for this selection have PNCConf output a single line "#include custom.inc" instead of its usual GUI setup text. Then I can go back to PNCConf to refine my pin assignments without having to keep re-editing the generated .ini file every time.
Roger
PS -- If anyone ever got around to teaching PNCConf about the 7i73 I'd be a happy man.

PPS -- More complicated this one
Taking the 7i76 for an example (as that's what I have) the TB2 thru TB6 tabs work in terms of the functional blocks of the 7i76.
It would be more useful if they worked in terms of the physical terminal blocks, in other words the TB2 tab would have 24 rows, numbered 1 to 24 corresponding to the physical terminals, likewise for the other tabs. Pins with fixed assignments, like +5v and GND would be non-editable, like wise for step- and dir- as they are fixed inverses of step+ and dir+.
In addition a print facility, (this could be just a csv file, which I can then format and print) which would list in three columns,the terminal number, the logical function and the full name of the generated hal pin, would mean I can then document the complete wiring schedule for my machine and know that will always correspond to the hal setup. If this is feasible and/or of interest I can mock-up the sort of output I have in mind.

Not sure what version you are talking about at least in 2.7 and beyond the 7I73 is supported.
I don't see pncconf ever supporting the physical layout of the terrminal blocks.
Pncconf used to do that before the start of sserial cards.
It would require hard coding the layout every card mesa makes -
The info cannot be machine read and we don't have the man power to do it manually
If we do one card we must do them all.
That is why it is like that.

As for the display option I would suggest that you either:
wait to change the display until you are happy with the basic machine movement or
just hand edit everything - if you can build a custom interface - you are beyond the useful purpose of pncconf
We just don't have the man power to manage all the options.

Chris M

More
06 May 2017 14:25 #92743 by tommylight
Sorry Chris, that is 2.8.when seting the scale, on the popup screen it is all good, but it will not change the value of scale on the main screen, so it has to be done manualy or it remains at 50.000 and cuases joint errors when using that config.
Thank you very much for everything.
P.S.
I use it at least 500 times and did not notice that as i edit everything manualy.

More
06 May 2017 22:28 #92759 by cmorley
I glad it has been useful to you.
I'll try to look at the problem soon.

Chris M

More
27 Sep 2017 07:14 #99507 by RotarySMP
As a newbie to this, I thought I might be able to give you a little newbie user feedback:

I noticed while searching the forum for answers to PNCconf 5i25/7i77/7i84 configuration, that Gmoccapy support in PNCconf has been requested a couple of times. Though I would log that request into this sticky thread:

- Please add Gmoccapy support.
I had a thread discussion with Andy Pugh about adding Gmoccapy to the PNCConf documentation, but at that time didn't realise it wasn't implemented in the wizard.
forum.linuxcnc.org/32-documents/33049-up...-config-wizard#96561
Turns out there is some Gmoccapy info there in the github, but to add it to the Docu at this point it will just add confusion.

- Please add a note by the sanity check check that some cards (eg 7i84) have neither PWM or PDM so there are no sanity checks for them.

- Please some screen shots and explanations to the help files concerning the 5i25 / 7i77 combination. Especially the I/O connector 2 and 3 look significanty different, and are rather confusing for a newbie.

- If you need the 7i77 and 7i84 connected, with it's field power applied before running PNCconf please add this to the help file.

I really appreciate the effort of all the voluteers who support LinuxCNC and it's users. The support of my MAHO retrofit project on this forum has been great, even when some of the questions were not even LinuxCNC related.
forum.linuxcnc.org/12-milling/33035-retr...h400e?start=60#99502

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds