Gscreen - a GTK / Glade / Python based screen

More
02 Jan 2013 02:45 #28278 by cmorley
You would need to override Gscreen 'on_gremlin_motion' method which is fairly complicated / unclear to change the zooming feature.
It's complicated because it already switches the default controls off if using a touchscreen or if using the on-screen buttons.

Are you a GTK programmer?

Chris M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2013 03:09 #28279 by karlkec
It's working fine. Don't know what I did wrong before.

Thanks.

Karl

More
02 Jan 2013 03:15 #28280 by karlkec
I'm not a GTK programmer. Thinking about this, with the cursor turned off for the touch screen, it might be difficult to see what I'm doing. Once I get to the mill I'll play with it a bit and see.

Karl

More
04 Jan 2013 01:30 #28349 by tjamscad

ok added override enable HAL pins.
also added 'industrial' as a sample config
it has most of the ideas you guts talked of besides the ones that take alot of work...

Chris M

Chris does this mean I need to update or upgrade to catch the latest inprevements?

More
04 Jan 2013 09:52 #28362 by cmorley
Yes.
If you buit from git sources, then you need to 'git pull' then remake the project.

If buildbot you must wait till it sends an update.
Since I added 'industrial' to the sample configs you may need to remove or rename the ones you added.

Chris M

More
05 Jan 2013 01:56 - 05 Jan 2013 02:48 #28386 by tjamscad
A few picky things.

1. It would really be nice and improve useability if the setup mode was a tab, and MDI was a tab and Run mode was a tab. The multiselect button for changing them is difficult to use.

2. For indications that have color it really needs to be black when off.

3. spindle forward and revesrse have little circles with a line through them for me.

4. mist and flow indtcate backwards from what is selected

5. Setup mode has tool editor button, there is a tool editor tab already.

6. in setup mode when selecting grapihcs there is a button that just shows the red circle with the line

7. MDI mode has the toggle keyboard in 2 spots.

8. run mode has "page3" on it sugest renaming to the loaded program.

9. tool editor has style on it can that be in prefferences.

10. all the graphics windows say view-p

11. can the debug tab be hidden unless for normal operators duing normal use. Like turned off with permissions or something.

That is all. Chris you have done some amaxing work on this.
Last edit: 05 Jan 2013 02:48 by tjamscad.

More
05 Jan 2013 09:54 #28392 by cmorley

A few picky things.

1. It would really be nice and improve useability if the setup mode was a tab, and MDI was a tab and Run mode was a tab. The multiselect button for changing them is difficult to use.

2. For indications that have color it really needs to be black when off.

3. spindle forward and revesrse have little circles with a line through them for me.

4. mist and flow indtcate backwards from what is selected

5. Setup mode has tool editor button, there is a tool editor tab already.

6. in setup mode when selecting grapihcs there is a button that just shows the red circle with the line

7. MDI mode has the toggle keyboard in 2 spots.

8. run mode has "page3" on it sugest renaming to the loaded program.

9. tool editor has style on it can that be in prefferences.

10. all the graphics windows say view-p

11. can the debug tab be hidden unless for normal operators duing normal use. Like turned off with permissions or something.

That is all. Chris you have done some amaxing work on this.

1) let me work on that.
2) ok, I don't like it but can understand -changed
3) yes these circles with a line through them are 'missing image indicators' this is a technical problem that can only be fixed on the users local
copy of the GLADE file. While it is easy to fix - what I did was remove the images and just used text. You seemed to prefer text anyways.
For anyone who wants the images ask me and I will detail how to get them back.
4) fixed
5) removed the button
6) changed to text its the 'clear plot' button
7) fixed
8) ya that was a regression fixed again
9) the tool editor is a separate program I will change this later.
10) view-P is the perspective view there is x , y ,y2 z and z2 available (not all available on a mill) You can change it under the graphics select button
11) I struggle for an idea of how to toggle this to show or not show, aside from adding a button to toggle the tab showing, which just seems wrong.
the only other way I can think of is to force you to change something in the INI file to tell Gscreen to show the tab - I don't really like that much either....

I will push these changes now...

Chris M

More
05 Jan 2013 10:36 #28393 by cmorley
I added buttons in the main tab to select the mode directly. probably needs some polish on that but see if you like it better.

Chris M

More
06 Jan 2013 06:09 #28403 by tjamscad
Love the tabs, it would be nice if they were the same size for a cleaner look but you said polish. I can navigate directly to the screen i want at the touch of a button. I will review in more detail next week and provide feedback if nessary. Great job Chris!

More
06 Jan 2013 15:18 #28406 by Diederik
wow!

I want this!!!! how do I do it? will do a bit more reading... well done!!!! :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds