Gscreen - a GTK / Glade / Python based screen

More
07 May 2013 07:00 #33692 by cmorley
keybinndings probably going to change again as i seem to have it different then the other linuxcnc GUIs...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2013 07:27 #33694 by cmorley
keybinndings probably going to change again as i seem to have it different then the other linuxcnc GUIs...

More
10 May 2013 08:23 - 10 May 2013 08:25 #33862 by LAIR82
Hello Chris,

Have a few questions for you,

1. On tuesday, we were running our turning center, and the operator looked up, and realized that the screen had frozen up in the middle of a running program. He hit the feedhold button on the operator console of the machine and came and got me. I it stayed that way for all of the 5 minutes I was trying different things to get it to come back to life, nad nothing worked. I had to press and hold the PC power button to restart the pc. Since then it hasn't done again. I have the refresh rate at 100 in my INI. Any thoughts?

2. Last week the same operator came and got me saying that there was a fault on the display. I looked at it and saved a copy, just in case anything odd were to happen, which today it did. The operator was double checking one of his tools in the machine and went to re-touch off the tool to be sure and after he pressed the tool setting button, entered the value and pressed enter. Then he pressed the Tool Editor button on the top row of buttons and when the tool table came uponly 3 of his 14 tools had any values in them, the rest of his data for the other tools was all zeros. He told me after a short discussion with him that the following fault has came up 3 times in the last 4 weeks, and he has had tool data dissappear 1 other time during the same time period. I attached a screenshot of the fault to see if it may make sense to you, and if what I am experiencing is related.

It has been running fine other than these few things which have come to light in the last couple of days. The operator really like's the feel of the GUI, he's just been getting a little frustrated with me when it throws me a curve ball this.

Thanks

Rick
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 May 2013 08:25 by LAIR82.

More
10 May 2013 09:14 - 10 May 2013 09:19 #33863 by jlviloria
Larry, greetings.

that error is because you are typing one wrong number

I have installed the GUI I industrial fanuc patch applied.

happened to me also the same problem, that the tool table data is deleted. I realize when I try to do a tool change and I get a message request tool does not exist. immediately is that the tool-table is deleted or blocked.

I think it's the patch, unfortunately it is very difficult to determine the error you have because I have no knowledge of programming.

chris hope can help us both.
Last edit: 10 May 2013 09:19 by jlviloria.

More
10 May 2013 14:58 #33867 by newbynobi
Halo,

could you check please if this hapen also to gmoccapy?
I was not able to reproduce the error!

I just pushed 0.9.2 with lathe support!

Norbert

More
11 May 2013 04:23 #33906 by LAIR82
Hello Norbert,

I did not get a chance to try Gmoccapy yet, will try first of next week.

I have started changing my first build with AXIS over to Gscreen, and found the following. I did a pull before starting to convert over to get the latest and greatest.

While in MDI, and Auto none of the keys on my keyboard or the onboard keyboard work. I know that when in manual they both work because I can index the tool with the index button, and the up, down, left, and right buttons will jog the machine (whick that I will need to get figured out, left, right moves the turret up and down, and up, down moves the Z left and right). But I could not edit my program or perform any MDI operations.

I don't know if this is related to all of the work you have been doing on key binding, or I might be missing something and just don't realize it.

Thanks

Rick

More
11 May 2013 12:04 #33915 by cmorley

Hello Chris,

Have a few questions for you,

1. On tuesday, we were running our turning center, and the operator looked up, and realized that the screen had frozen up in the middle of a running program. He hit the feedhold button on the operator console of the machine and came and got me. I it stayed that way for all of the 5 minutes I was trying different things to get it to come back to life, nad nothing worked. I had to press and hold the PC power button to restart the pc. Since then it hasn't done again. I have the refresh rate at 100 in my INI. Any thoughts?

2. Last week the same operator came and got me saying that there was a fault on the display. I looked at it and saved a copy, just in case anything odd were to happen, which today it did. The operator was double checking one of his tools in the machine and went to re-touch off the tool to be sure and after he pressed the tool setting button, entered the value and pressed enter. Then he pressed the Tool Editor button on the top row of buttons and when the tool table came uponly 3 of his 14 tools had any values in them, the rest of his data for the other tools was all zeros. He told me after a short discussion with him that the following fault has came up 3 times in the last 4 weeks, and he has had tool data dissappear 1 other time during the same time period. I attached a screenshot of the fault to see if it may make sense to you, and if what I am experiencing is related.

It has been running fine other than these few things which have come to light in the last couple of days. The operator really like's the feel of the GUI, he's just been getting a little frustrated with me when it throws me a curve ball this.

Thanks

Rick

Rick:

1) I really don't know what would cause this. I'll have to ask one of the other developers about how to diagnosis this.
Thank goodness Linuxcnc uses realtime OS so even if the screen freezes the machine still runs properly.

2) I can get the error code eg type 1.2 3 in. - I can suppress this error so it doesn't pop up.
I do not lose any tool data. Is it possible the operator forgot to hit the apply button after editing the tool file?
This would be easy to do - pressing return updates the screen but does not update linuxcnc until the apply button is pressed.
maybe I should change that behaviour.
If this is not the problem then there must be a special combination that does it - which will be harder to find.

I have fixed the MDI entry problem - update to fix it.

Chris M
Chris M

More
11 May 2013 12:26 - 11 May 2013 12:42 #33916 by jlviloria
Chris, is that it is too early but think that you can run run orders, estop, pause, from the keyboard?

Rick.
the problem is in the patch of fanuc.

Rick do the following. Z tool offset # 4, having a wear in 10004, must show up the value of wear. wear off. and returns to compensate. entire table is deleted or does not take the value 0 in the 10004, not replace the previous value

thanks.
Last edit: 11 May 2013 12:42 by jlviloria.

More
11 May 2013 20:43 #33928 by LAIR82
I will get that updated monday, and see how it goes. Then I can start to mess around with the tool table issue. I will see if I can replicate what you are saying Jorge, and hopefully get this figured out.

We never noticed any issues like this on the first build using that patch, but I will have to check the interpreter files that are modified for it, to make sure I changed them correctly. Reason I say this is due to me having to hand edit the files because the patch is outdated now against the current interpreter files.

Thanks Again

Rick

More
13 May 2013 13:07 #33974 by cmorley

Chris, is that it is too early but think that you can run run orders, estop, pause, from the keyboard?

Rick.
the problem is in the patch of fanuc.

Rick do the following. Z tool offset # 4, having a wear in 10004, must show up the value of wear. wear off. and returns to compensate. entire table is deleted or does not take the value 0 in the 10004, not replace the previous value

thanks.

Hmm according to the patch code - 10004 is the geometry and 4 is the wear offset. Is that normal in Fanuc programming?
When tool changing to tool 4 does the pop up say tool 10004?

Jorge could you explain exactly how you get the tool table to delete? is it repeatable?

Chris M
The following user(s) said Thank You: jlviloria

Time to create page: 0.425 seconds