Gscreen - a GTK / Glade / Python based screen

More
16 May 2013 01:51 #34144 by LAIR82
Hello Chris,

I don't know if I stumbled on this on accident, or if its supposed to be, but does this screen look right?

After a little snooping around I realized that "Industrial" should look like this,

I'm thinking that it isn't right,

Although I do like it,

Also, in the actual "Industrial" skin, shouldn't the "Diameter Mode" button in the preferences change the relative readout to correspond with diameter or radius, I know that in the "hybrid" as I would call it, and have actually been using on my first Gscreen machine, it does change the relative readout for the X. In "Industrial" it stays as the radius value in the "setup" mode.

Thanks,

Rick
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2013 07:27 #34165 by cmorley
The first screen is 'default skin' Gscreen set up for a lathe.
Second is 'Industrial skin' Gscreen looks like for a lathe too.

Yes the Diameter mode should change the relative readout - it's a bug you have found.
I'll look into it.

Chris M

More
16 May 2013 07:34 #34166 by LAIR82
Ok, for some reason I thought default gscreen was labeled a little differently.

Thanks

Rick

More
16 May 2013 16:04 #34176 by cncboys
Hey everyone,
we are two students from germany and we've got a few problems with gscreen...
Firstly, I have to say that we are new in Linux and our Professor ordered us to install gscreen on a lathe within two weeks for a presentation....
Currently, the lathe works with EMC2 AXIS.
We downloaded the two gscreen files from the first site of this thread and found this link: wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Gscreen#Installation
But to be honest, we don't really know what to do now. :blush: We changed the .ini file like it's said in this wiki tutorial, and we pasted the gscreen_preferences file into the home path.
But when we try to run the program, it says "Can't execute gscreen" in an error report.
Can anyone please help us, or give us a detailed tutorial?
Thank you!

More
16 May 2013 17:58 #34184 by LAIR82

Hey everyone,
we are two students from germany and we've got a few problems with gscreen...
Firstly, I have to say that we are new in Linux and our Professor ordered us to install gscreen on a lathe within two weeks for a presentation....
Currently, the lathe works with EMC2 AXIS.
We downloaded the two gscreen files from the first site of this thread and found this link: wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Gscreen#Installation
But to be honest, we don't really know what to do now. :blush: We changed the .ini file like it's said in this wiki tutorial, and we pasted the gscreen_preferences file into the home path.
But when we try to run the program, it says "Can't execute gscreen" in an error report.
Can anyone please help us, or give us a detailed tutorial?
Thank you!

Can you post your INI file, and maybe a copy of the error message, will help in troubleshooting.

Thanks

Rick

More
16 May 2013 19:45 #34188 by jlviloria
I'm not very skilled but I dare say that is because you have not installed LinuxCNC master. must install version 2.6-pre

Go to this link, you have all the information to install the master:

wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Instal..._the_source_with_git

installed after trying to change variables indicates you GScreen-wiki

I hope this helps.

Jorge Viloria

More
19 May 2013 16:10 #34376 by cncboys
Ok thank you guys for your answers. I'll post the INI file and the error message after the feast days!

More
20 May 2013 11:02 #34414 by cmorley
I fixed industrial diameter mode and added an industraial lathe sample config

Chris M

More
29 May 2013 20:06 #34909 by LAIR82
Hello Chris,

Everything is going good so far, two machines running GSCREEN and very little issues, other than the operators adjusting to the functionality of linux versus the Fagor and Milacron controls.

We were messing with the tooleditor, trying to actually put info into the front and back angles, and the orientation colum to have a better visual presence of the tools on the live plot, problem is, putting any info in does not change the tool displayed on the live plot, just the little triangle representing the tooltip is all thats displayed.

Any thoughts?

Rick

More
29 May 2013 21:55 #34913 by newbynobi
Hallo Rick,

are you using a back tool lathe?

If so, in gremlin view Y2 there may be a bug. I got the same problem, but only in view Y2 in view Y it is showing the tool as it should.

Norbert

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds