Gscreen - a GTK / Glade / Python based screen

More
15 Jun 2013 08:50 #35661 by cmorley
no. Gscreen require master.

Chris M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2013 08:51 #35662 by cmorley

I see,

I start getting a little lost with the handler file talk.

Anyway, things looking good so far.

Did you change it so if we do a tool call of Txx it will call the tool and not the wear offset? I finally was able to update my first Gscreen build on friday and noticed that a tool call with no wear offset actually changed the tool and didn't give me an error.

I have not.
You may have forgot to remake after pulling changes.

Chris M

More
15 Jun 2013 09:36 #35664 by LAIR82
Do you know if there has been any interpreter changes in the last week or so?

I just in the last week and a half was able to get both machines to the same current level of gscreen( I stll hadn't updated to change the highlighted color of the running line) and must have botched my builds or something because I'm having nothing but issues with the offsets applying properly, and it is not seeing the tools in the tool table. Along with 3 files in the dev "bin" folder being locked in "root" during my remake really throwing me a curve ball. The operators said that they can only enter 1 offset at a time, go to mdi call the tool and go back enter the other value and call the tool again to get both values entered and applied to the machine.

I might just start over from scratch 1 machine at a time to get things straight. At this point we don't really need anything else to be at a commercial grade control (other than jog while program paused LOL), so once they are cleaned up they are done, finally.

Thanks Again Chris,

Rick

More
16 Jun 2013 00:17 #35687 by cmorley
I am not sure what has changed lately.

I would use:
make clean;make

When remaking projects to be sure you clean and remake everything.
It takes longer of course. But I assume you don't remake every day :)

Chris M

More
21 Jun 2013 19:29 #35880 by tjamscad

It takes longer of course. But I assume you don't remake every day :)
Chris M

I do :) , I'm sitll just using gscreen (indrustaial) in simulator but I run a script and it does the rest.

More
23 Jun 2013 02:53 #35929 by cmorley
Sorry - Yes but your not using Gscreen in a production machine yet - that's what I meant.

Chris m

More
25 Jun 2013 01:24 #36008 by tjamscad
Chris,

It was good to meet you and the several others that came to vist MPM Inc. I really appreacate your time and concern for the machinest and there requests. I have came across some things on the Haas website that might be helpful in your further deveolpment of gscreen.

atyourservice.haascnc.com/expert-tip/int...he-haas-cnc-control/

More
25 Jun 2013 03:22 #36010 by tjamscad
Did you ever get my theme running on your system?

More
27 Jun 2013 00:23 #36098 by tjamscad
Stuart - The new Touchy interface is ready for linuxcnc. I plan to work on it the long weekend of the 4th.

Shannon - Is this the one I have been working on with Chris Morley or something different? What is better about it?

Stuart -start in the middle of the program search with hand wheel,should be MUCH better

More
27 Jun 2013 14:45 - 27 Jun 2013 14:46 #36119 by cmorley
I only have the dark colored theme with wide scroll bars. didn't you have a green one?

I can add a scroll search with handle wheel to Gscreen - just deciding how to enable/disable it.
This is for run-at-line selection yes?

I also have added a search forward and search backward button and a text entry for a word to search for while editing.
Not quite finished with that yet - though it works fine - it just doesn't scroll the window if the search goes off screen.

Chris M
Last edit: 27 Jun 2013 14:46 by cmorley.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds